Photos from USA Aquariums and LFS

Marineman

• SRC Member

Whoa cool idea to place the price of the coral on the tank. Also all their holding tanks look like display tanks man. Thats great as the corals are cared for while waiting for an owner. :eyebrow: Being in a display tank also has an advantage! At least you know whether the corals like more light or not, then you can roughly gauge where you want to place them in your tank. :lol: Hmm...See lotsa Florida Ricordia and Blastos in there. All looking fat and healthy! :yeah:

Btw thanks for the photos Marineman! :peace:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

The price of livestock and dry goods ar expensive here, for example a maroon clown cost US$24.99. same as the yellow tang, flame anfel cost US$35, corals are expensive too, cost of a can of dry cyclopeeze is US$9.99 vs $12 in SG. All prices in US must add another govt tax of 8.25%.

It is cheaper to buy all your stuff in Singapore unless you want to buy from the internet which is cheaper. Some of the LFS has a membership program where members pay a joining fee and is entitled to a discount, membership fee in one of the LFS is US$20, one time payment, did not ask for dicount, guess is at least 20-25% or more, because I managed to buy some pellets which cost me $5 from this shop (no need to pay membership - foreigner excuse) vs $7.99 = tax at all the other LFS. I noted that almost everything is more expensive and we have more choices in SG except for the Carribean fishes.

Couple of big LFS are owned by Asians, one in particular is Vietnamese called Tong's Tropical Fish, the one with the prices on the tanks.

• SRC Member
Love the bright green anemone....don't see them here in Singapore. :)

There are fom very cold waters, I suppose not feasible (transport & temperature & lighting) for normal reef for hobbyist as the water will be too cold for some of our corals and fishes.