What are white spots??

Hi Guys...

In my previous posting...i did mentioned about the poor BT that i have bought which had got so dominated by the PT in my tank that till date, it is still not comfortable in my tank.....

Now, there is another problem...when i bought the BT, there are some white spots on it..upon questioning of the owner, he mentioned that the BT had some white spots previously but have already been cured....but when i bought the BT and put it in my tank...it seems that the PT beings to have some white spots on its body.. :cry2:

what should i do?? It is difficult to quarantine the PT as there are lots of hiding space for it in my tank and everytime i tried to catch it out, it will run into hiding....any advice, pls.....:cry2:

Try to net it out and place in a seperate tank for medication and if not .... it is bye-bye time.

not true.under tender care, regular feeding and stress free environment... the immunity of the fish an fight of the ich.. all the medication that so call cure white spot are bul* shi*, only copper works but that must be used in a fish only tank

I second dispar. let the fish ride it out. maintain water quality, try not to introduce any more fishes for a while, feed them a highly nutritious and healthy diet and pray. with a tinge of luck, the whitespots should go away!

my blue tang still has some residual white spots left over from the previous time it had white spots. but so far I don't see an epidemic spreading around or something like that, and it has been three months and its still eating like a pig all the while, so I'm not overly concerned. (=

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

TLC indeed helps, but it seems if the PT is going to bully your BT, that is certainly not a stressfree environment. Carry on like this I think the BT will succumb to the crypt (or marine ich).

Should try to catch and medicate i think. And yes, copper is probably the only thing that works, but will wipe out all your invertebrates if you add it to the main tank.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".