Christmas Tree Worm not coming out

dradttg

• SRC Member

Dear all,

I have a porites with Christmas Tree Worms for the past 4 days now but my Christmas Tree worms is not fully extended.

I read from the Bournman Coral book that porites requires strong lightings and current. However, Christmas tree worm prefers shades. I have placed the porites under strong lightings and current to ensure its survival as the worms survival is dependent on the it.

Please advise on the ideal placing for both porites and worm to trive.

Thank you.

• SRC Member

i place mine on the sand bed 2 of them there and 1 near the surface end up those on the bottom still around however the one near the surface glow aglae but the worm still around

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
i place mine on the sand bed 2 of them there and 1 near the surface end up those on the bottom still around however the one near the surface glow aglae but the worm still around

Hi Sunny03,

I think it is not very advisable to put the coral on the sand bed because porites is a SPS and requires strong lightings.

Tried to entice them out with phyto yet? Get those small clear plastic tanks and invert it over the worms n squirt some phytoplankton in...try bioplankton..very strong smell. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Hi Sunny03,

I think it is not very advisable to put the coral on the sand bed because porites is a SPS and requires strong lightings.

ya i know but i try to place them on the rock but i get aglae around them where those two on the sandbed the porites are still around and open

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices