My RBTA doesnt host my true percular pair

hamannbmw

• SRC Member

It takes awhile for clown fish to decide whether it wants to pair with the BTA or not. Also some clown fish are pretty choosy with the BTA that it pair.

My own experience.

My false percula clown fish told it 1+ months to decide bwteen 3 BTA. Finally it decided on my Rosie as it's new home. I guess you don't have to worry, just let it be.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

You can't force clownfishes to take up residence in anemones.

In reef tanks, they may be hosted by torch corals, brain corals or even a piece of liverock and the clownfishes will totally ignore the anemones nearby. Strange but true.

It's not automatic by nature and the relationship may also be determined by species. Some anemones eat fishes including clownfishes, especially if their body slime are not adapted to adjust to the stinging cells of the anemone.

You will never see a tube anemone host a clownfish! ;)

• SRC Member

my common clown hosted in my common anemone almost imediately upon releasing it into the water....but when it died (due to sneaking into my powerhead...) I replace it with a RBTA and it refuse to host....

I have since given up on Anemone and my common clown had went to clown heaven....was given a sunk clown and suprisingly enough it began hosting in my Dersa clam!!! interestingly enough the clam does not seems to be too bothered by it....

• SRC Member
would like to hear more comments from true percular owners..... ;)

Hi , freddy, is yours a true percular :huh: pair or single :huh:

hamannbmw,

I have 3 true percula. Doing fine till one day.......................

Stupid idea of mine came up. Buying the 4th crown tobe a companion to the third.

Outbreak of crown disease, cloudy skin

3 went up to lorry. Now left 1 only.

Eating and doing fine for couple of months

so sad

:cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member

For my percula pair it takes 3 days. Still depends on your luck.

All you need to do is patience.

Here is the small picture. ;)

post-7-1090853346.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

My bubbletip anemone is hosting my maroon crown now, but it seems that on one side of the crown near the fin there's a whitish stuff like cobwebs stuck on its body, is it normal?

I read from somewhere is just the slimy stuffs from the crown fish to protect it from the sting of the anemone not sure how true it is.

Hopefully it's not the white slime disease that will covered up the whole body of the fish cos then would have to remove it cos they spread fast.

Anyone have any knowledge about it?

Thanks

• SRC Member

hi,

mine pair true percular never even bother to look at my Rose. instead went to the blue tip carpet anemone (CA). so have to buy another maroon clown to feed the RBTA. look at my avatar. maroon seems to love RBTA. me tried twice already.

just let yr percular apir to find their own host. mine very happy with the CA. have laid eggs 3 times on the same pc of rock where the CA is. though 1st & 2nd time none hatch. last weekend was the 3rd time, now monitoring & hope some will hatch sucessfully.

cheers

Have a pair of true percs, one common clown and one sabae.

True percs hosting in my frog spawn

Common clown in my hammer

Sabae (due to latest addition hosting near a power head)

RBTA hosting a ............... domino damsel