Any1 got a great excuse to give in court?

SpiderOne

• SRC Member

then how many deaths do you want to have on the roads before you declare it a national emergency? surely one death is too many already.

as long as you are alert? I'm sorry but I don't advocate that. the only reason why I don't is because Murphys Law plays a very *and I mean VERY* big part when it comes to driving. you MAY be ALERT and be blessed with spidey senses...but the other soul most probably doesn't have the same skills.

you may be the next up and coming Michael Schumacher, but the other person may be a guy who can't even win a car race even if given a five minute headstart on a six minute long circuit.

its called DEFENSIVE driving, and you must always practice it whilst in the small confined areas of Singapore.

and the cameras on every three light poles are monitoring cameras with no speed detection capabilities.

before running the risk of sounding like an old record gone out of tune, the bottom line in Singapore is a little less speed, more distance. what is the point in speeding? will it get you to Bishan faster than the other bugger who wants to go to Bishan? will that few extra seconds in reaching Bishan earlier due to speed and reckless driving bring you any advantage?

please go reflect. I get very peeved when I meet such drivers.

no offence/not gunning down anybody. just sharing my side of the coin.

:off:

Well, if u have look up all those newspapers and TV , u might notice there are so many accident involved with SPEEDING CARS, however there are so many accidents without SPEEDING.

Do u belive, In my almost 20 years of dirving experience, I have no accident while I was speeding ( welll ofcourse u have to be more alert ), however have one stupid accident while I was driving 60Km/hr on CTE last year, so far the other party I knocked was noted as "Defensive Driver".

Well, I have to pay everythings while I lost all my NCD. Guess what ?

I love to speed, however I will be almost stop when I reach to traffic lights, zebra crossing, school zones, those are important place not to drive at the speed that u could not control at.

On highway, well I do speed, not in SG of course. I maintained my car very well, every and single trip b4 go for oversea trip, I will sent my car for inspection and maintenace. Pay almost 300 for one tire, so end up 1100 for my four tires ( which saved my life while I was speeding in MY ).

So my point is , when there are no one around ( to be sure ) and you are alert , you could test ur car and ur skill ( provided no TP around also and not in SG ).

Otherwise forget it.

Especially, for those who never reduce speed when reach to traffic junction, zebra crossing, school zone ( those guys are killer alright, if u analyze all the traffic accident in SG ). Not those who drive fast on expressway :D , well I am not one in SG eventhougt in other countries.

Anyway, I really give u 5 since u r so young and can come out with all those defensive points. Cheers.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can pay $300 for a tire. Ferrari pays ten times more than that for their F1 cars, but shit still does happen. just ask Michael Schumacher and the incident at Silverstone a few years back. you want something more drastic? how about the great Ayrton Senna, who lost his life due to a suspension failure? and we're talking about F1 cars here, technology so high tech, you probably don't even know what it does.

if something shitty can happen in the world of Formula 1, don't be surprised it gets translated to this reality.

• SRC Member

Bro minsmarine,

20yrs of driving experience w/o accident doesn't mean tmw, the day after( touch wood).....won't. One can only claim a accident free record only the day his IC was submitted back to Govt.

Accidents r caused by many factors such as recklessness, speeding, drunk driving, using of mobile phone,........etc. And it is speeding tat kills and tats wat the traffic department is tryin to tell the public.

Regardless of how good a vechicle is....it all bottom down to the user. Its human tat power the vech to break the law not the other way round. Therefore a car can be fitted with the most expensive tires, best engines......driver can claim to be alert but speeding allows very little room for mistakes.

There r even Audi tat can rammed into a TP bike. I pitied tat fella, kiss his Audi and licence goodbye.

Its really commendable tat u practice slowin down while approaching school zones, traffic light. ;)

I believe the 2 nice looking kids in ur avatar must be ur children.

One piece of advise. Think abt them before u apply pressure on the accelerator. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

My friend was caught on the camera at Benjamin Shears bridge ECP at 160km/h. Went to court to receive a fine and 10 points. 2 points left on his P-plate license. That was 5 years ago. He was considered lucky because 10 points for punishment is very very lenient.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Saw news yesterday and in today's newspaper,

the accident caused by drink driving, well those guys are killer.

Not defending the speeding guys, however whatever I am saying here was/is driving 70km on 50km streatch, 120km on 90km streatch.

However, if u r talking about driving 140km/hrs on 90km highway, I am out :D

Well, like bro jd_n said, I did/do think b4 speed ( 70 on 50 road, 120 on 90 road ) especially about my family.

However, I gave dam* slap to those driver who fails to stop at traffic junction for the people to cross and still speeding ( I consider they are speeding eventhough they are driving about 40km/hr) cause it's very near to traffic junction.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
8 points $300 . /me put on sparco gloves again

Seems like they are less harsh on P-platers. Ironic.

Put on your Sparco gloves again to lose your license for good! Yay!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
nah. :) . Can Delete this thread pls

No.

post-36-1093875548.jpg