Built in Cabinet Wall Tank

• SRC Member

Ok folks, I am doing my tank at the same time when renovating my house.

5'x2'x2' Tank will be integrated as a wall cabinet...

How do I go about doing it now I have two contractors? The Tank maker and my main cont's cabinet maker?

Do I get tank maker to complete the chenggai stand and then get the cabinet maker to do the upper part with plywood, finishing or what?

Thanks....

Lastly, is it advisable to have in mind & get the equipment I want first so as to determine sump size area and all?

• SRC Member

Make sure your main contractor knows that that part of the carpentry have to be re-inforce as it will be housing your MARINE tank. And also the screws and such are to be stainless steel in order to prevent rust.

Give the contractor the dimension of the tank and the clearance on all sides that you want.

These are from my own experience as I just renovate my house not long ago with built-in marine tank.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
Make sure your main contractor knows that that part of the carpentry have to be re-inforce as it will be housing your MARINE tank. And also the screws and such are to be stainless steel in order to prevent rust.

Give the contractor the dimension of the tank and the clearance on all sides that you want.

These are from my own experience as I just renovate my house not long ago with built-in marine tank.

Thanks...

did u get the tankmaker to do the base for your tank? or is it the main cont?

Yo cute ape! ;)

Logic dicates that you have to get the foundation/flooring in first, the hole hacked properly, the electrical works done before the tank moves in. After which the facade can come in and cosmetically complete the built-in-wall concept.

oops... did you say in-cabinet? Hmmm... well, then the cabinet has to done first but you have to brief the main cont do reinforce the bottom part and built in the electrical stuff and cater for ventilation at the top of the structure.

I suggest that you cater for more working space in that section of cabinet where the tank is going to sit in.

• SRC Member
Yo cute ape! ;)

Logic dicates that you have to get the foundation/flooring in first, the hole hacked properly, the electrical works done before the tank moves in. After which the facade can come in and cosmetically complete the built-in-wall concept.

Cute ape :lol: double meaning?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Cute Ape here...

My tankmaker is able to do the bottom stand for the tank out of chenggai wood... I thought maybe why not as I do not trust the main cont to do the bottom stand... then get the main cont to do the finishing and upper part....

Is this possible?

• SRC Member

Same here, have a look at my thread or alpha's

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Thanks...

did u get the tankmaker to do the base for your tank? or is it the main cont?

My was done solely by the main contractor.

After all things (elctical and carpentry) are ready then the tankmaker comes in.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png