Caught a fireworm in mi tank!

Creetin

• SRC Member

Sleepy headed me came home this morning from work and was looking at mi tank when i saw this worm like creature. tot it was a bristleworm but realised it aint no ordinary worm!!!!!!

on closer inspection realised its the almighty, scary, powerful, most evil of the evils FIREWORM.......

luckily it was hanging around the front of the tank, slow and easy crawler. i immediately put on 2 plastic baggies on my hand and grab my tweezers and caught it out while it was checking out my derasa... :ph34r:

now its a plastic container......anybody wants it? i was wondering if NUS/NTU or even underwater world wants it for some kinda research cos its quite a beautiful creature and i hate killing stuff...... ;)

Never imagined this creature would be in my tank!!!!! :o

post-7-1090374147.jpg

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

Contrary to what people think, having a fireworm in your reef tank isn't necessarily a bad thing.

They are excellent scavengers, who will help eat dead fishes and leftover food.

They are not known to attack live fish, unlike the Eunice worms.

Contrary to what people think, having a fireworm in your reef tank isn't necessarily a bad thing.

They are excellent scavengers, who will help eat dead fishes and leftover food.

They are not known to attack live fish, unlike the Eunice worms.

I agree with AT. Several months back, I panic when I saw a fire worm in my tank but after much attempts and still unable to catch it I just leave it as it is and till now, I have not encounter any unaccounted for death. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Sleepy headed me came home this morning from work and was looking at mi tank when i saw this worm like creature. tot it was a bristleworm but realised it aint no ordinary worm!!!!!!

on closer inspection realised its the almighty, scary, powerful, most evil of the evils FIREWORM.......

luckily it was hanging around the front of the tank, slow and easy crawler. i immediately put on 2 plastic baggies on my hand and grab my tweezers and caught it out while it was checking out my derasa... :ph34r:

now its a plastic container......anybody wants it? i was wondering if NUS/NTU or even underwater world wants it for some kinda research cos its quite a beautiful creature and i hate killing stuff...... ;)

Never imagined this creature would be in my tank!!!!! :o

Why remove it? I purposely catch 3 10" long fireworm from the beach to add into my main tank for feeding on "unfinished" food or dead fishes that land on the DSB, they can smell the dead from one corner to the other..........nice creature.........but they gave my wife the shivers.

Eric

• SRC Member

Just saw one this morning around 2am and tried to catch the fella, I must say the fella moves pretty fast. It came out when all the lights are off.

So should I leave it in there?

MIA LS list

1 dottyback

1 algae benny

2 doctor fish

1 dwarf lionfish

1 sailfin benny (Being missing for quite awhile but my friedn say he saw it last weekend when he come over for a gathering :blink::blink::blink: )

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
but i read sme where that fireworm is bad fr clams?

Keep clams away from sandbed, place clams on the LR........the fireworms normally hide in between the bottom LR and sandbed & hunt on the sandbed.

Eric