Tunze Magnetic Holders

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

But this is really dangerous right? If I understand what you are describing.... Imagine if you have young children and they start playing with the magnet outside of the tank, and the tunze inside waving and creating sandstorm, or worse still, drop on the sandbed

• SRC Member

Weileong, yup there are extensions but the streams are not flushed with the walls of the tanks, if you know what I mean...and also, with the magnetic holders, less chance of the streams being detached from the holders which is a possibility when using the current attachments..

• SRC Member
Won't the tunze extension kit do the job for attaching the streams to the eurobracing?

Patrick: wow you let young kids climb up and play around the tank ah? dangerous man.

I don't have kids so I don't know, but seems hazardous since now a days the kids are pretty tall.

• SRC Member

Actually you can attach the streamer to the magnetic /aglae cleaner by securing with attachment or silicon it. No need to wait and pay high price, cleaner just cost approx...$13, strong enough to hold. But not sure the magnetic force will cos any disturbance to the streamer rotor.

• SRC Member

Wah, Roger from Tunze USA has also warned of the potential problems of using an 0ff-the-shelf magnetic retrofit due to the potential problems with the pump... dunno wanna save a small amount of $$ but end up need to spend a huge amount of $$$ to replace a spoilt pump.. hehehe

Also , i dunt think the regular magnetic cleaner are strong enuff to hold the tunze in place...

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Marinebetta you also getting one??

Main worry is that if it will affect water going into the overflow box? Have any clue?

Heard limited production and if come to worst, then order from germany lor and collect it when I go there. Do not know how Tunze will distribute the units...more in the local market first like cars to let the germans to test it out or the other way round.

I have already had a quotation form germany.