AVP's 4 X 4 X 2

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

sigh......the mesh near my window is finally fixed.....no more flies and what so not flying straight into my tank and adding to my NO3...... :lol:

Its a very convienient solution.....those interested to cover up and still have some fresh air circulating or ventilation for their chiller....can call this guy Ken at 9 022 0844 for the Magnectic Fly Screen

did I refer Danano as a newbie? :blink: What I meant was it's an inspiration for newbies...... :P not the other way round......maybe typo error.....even with my years I don't consider myself an expert....did you read my signature...... :P

Apologies to Dan..... :bow: if I considered him a newbie...... :paiseh: nice chap even we've never met. :D

Oh I see. :pinch:

Well, to inspire newbies or not, there is no intention of influencing and encouraging newbies to attempt keeping them by diving into the more difficult and demanding world of SPS-keeping WITHOUT the practical knowledge of even keeping a 'standard' reef tank that is more forgiving if they are not able to maintain perfect water quality conditions that is more often than not, affected by the size of their wallets to get good equipment like strong lightings, water circulation devices, good skimmers, good test kits etc etc.

It's our responsibility as reef-keepers to teach the right thing and not unduely influence wrongly.

My 2 cents,

AT

• SRC Member

he...he...I think we're here to teach but most importantly not look down on newbies who can or cannot afford.....most of them are students I agree and their only income is through their pocket money from their parents. I don't think I will discourage them provided they know the responsibilities and are serious about keeping SPS. I would welcome them to ask questions if need be or stop over in my place to learn more.

When I was starting out I didn't have anyone to teach me the right and wrongs and sad to say I had to learn through alot of mistakes , trials and errors so in return I don't think I would want to let that happen to anyone who wants to get into the serious business of SPS.

There have been request to learn more and to pay a visit and I strongly welcome anyone who wants to do so at my place..... :D I don't believe in explaining to those who want to learn over the net as a hands on experience would do them good.....provided they don't go home with my SPS..... :lol:

• SRC Member

when open house?

stocked up quite a bit over the weekend liao huh?

the lieu is hiding after i released it into the main tank..

kenna wacked by the PBT in my tank....

• SRC Member
when open house?

stocked up quite a bit over the weekend liao huh?

the lieu is hiding after i released it into the main tank..

kenna wacked by the PBT in my tank....

oh no.... :o .... so poor thing.....I hope it will gain some confidence to come out soon.

he..he..yeah stocked quite a bit and over spend already.... :lol: The problem with an oversize tank is that you keep buying without ending.....too much space liao.

I hope to do an open house by next month if I suceed in stocking up properly... ;)

• SRC Member

So AP, when can we come over to learn frm u :rolleyes:

And not forgettin those yummies u mentioned. :yeah:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.