My Two Yellow Acro. Humilis Spawned Last Sunday

Hi everyone,

Just to let you SPS nutters know that my two new yellow humilis acros spawned simultaneously in my tank on Sunday afternoon.

My water was damn cloudy and I had to do a 40% water change... before the water became clearer.

The spawning took place for about an hour. You can see 'smoke' rising from the colonies... lol!

I experienced wonder, joy and surprise until my water turned cloudy and then panic set in... hahaha... hence, the water change. On hindsight, it may not have been necessary as I think my skimmer could have taken care of it... but oh well... when you have thousands of dollars of acros... gee....

Anyway, I will post a photo of it tonight when i get home!

AT

• SRC Member

Spanked the acro?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

cool...imagine having a few hundred more humilis growing out soon...haha..or at least, the sperm is good food for your corals!!! seldom hear spawning events taking place in reef aquarium..... just a thought...but could the humilis have spawned so quickly?? afterall. u just bought them and they're still recovering from the shipping and still getting used to your tank??? certainly hope they really did spawned but what if it wasn't and was actually some other event which i do not know myself??? just wondering...

"Save a reef, grow your own"