• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
yeah sinn!!!

luv it down ther... thx to the whole bunch fer makin tis a memorable experience... n to nleong, hope no offence is taken yah...? jus joking yah... -Bob

hey bob,

nice to see u here. :)

No offence. :D When are we going back again ? ;)

• SRC Member
oh, can you pass me the negative ? I want to scan them and put them together into a CD for you if you want the pix from my camera ?

Norman,

Give me a call. I'll pass you the negative. I'll pass some more photos from my digital camera to you to compile into a single cd. Budi should have more on his digi cam.

Sinn, can u get Budi to pass the photos to Norman to compile.

Do burn for every one...

I'm targetting Dive Master by end of next year.....

• SRC Member

Sat Nights at Tioman....

One of the reason I hate to bring a camera... I will not be on the photo.

I like this place cos they got Astro... I watched Man U beat Bolton 4 - 0.

post-12-1061385980.jpg

• SRC Member

For those taking Open Water Course from Orpheus... bring this photo and make sure you got him for your course...

As long you are a Liverpool fan... you'll get along fine with him...

He almost tie me to a ship wreck just because I am a Man U fan... :evil:

Kidding.

post-12-1061386459.jpg

• SRC Member

yazid,

u r making those guys drool :P

well, to add to that marine park. You get to see a table, some feather duster, a bubble, a galaxea , damsel fish, a parrot fish all in one rock. :)

the bubble coral is real big. The feather duster is very beautiful. and the damsel fish BIG!!!

Divemaster by end of next year ? hmm....y not go straight to instructor :)

Alright. We made it back in one piece.

We saw sea turtle, cuttlefish, batfish, clownfish, pipefish and those fishes that follow the sharks (What do you call them ?) etc.

Beautiful giant clams and SPS..... lucky our Al Frag Ya Fundamentalist not there.

An unknown angelfish too. Will post for ID.

its a frienly batfish!!!!!! :shock:

• SRC Member

yeah!!! our instructors damn cool... humorous outoging n all.. wah yazid... DM by end of nxt yr? cool! i confirm am doin advanced lar... got sponsor liao.. hehe.. try to make it by tis yr... havent plan fer dm yet tho.. tat's the ultimate aim tho... hehe oh yeah we couldn't make it without our instructors tho.. WAH sweebeng! chio ar ur instructor.. :shock:

• SRC Member
I'm speechless... What a wonderful and fantastic underwater world!

I was impressed by the crew of Orpheus Dive... professional and friendly...

It started with Chester (the ever smiling guy)... we almost got a further 10% discount... :lol: . Takes time to go though the RDP again and again. Everyone did well in their final test. Chester did not start reef tank as it is an expensive hobby...(PS: And so is diving).

Then we met Lester the main instructor, his reef tank crash when he was in Phuket.. The guy who got stung by a lionfish at his erhmm...

Then we met Yuko, our diving instructor... yes she is Japanese. She is gentle yet firm. Patience is her virtue and taking time to make sure we did our underwater skills sucessfully. She can maintain neutral buoyancy in any direction, even head down. Her reeftank also crash a couple of times.

Then we met our Dive Master... Geoffrey... this guy is fantastic, friendly, cheerful, a joker yet serious when comes to diving safety. Always the last to come down and last to come up. He got many urban legend to tell us. The one I'm most fascinated about is not about the number of sunken ship at our dive site but how Liverpool could never win the league... :fear:

the dive at the sunken ship is just orait to me.......not too sure whether its the same dive spot as u at tioman.......but wat my instructor told me the ship is purposely sink there.......not because or disaster or wat........heres 1 pix we take wen goes "wreckin" hehehe

post-12-1061434376.jpg

• SRC Member
Looks like the SRC Divers are into the zone!! :D Nitrogen Narcosis, folks? Hehehe!!

Prof Morgie can be our head instructor... :)

i suffered from narz when i went to 25 metres.. very free and shoik feeling.. so shoik until i wanna take out my reg.. :o luckily my instructor was looking at us, and warn us abt it.. then i surface a bit to get rid of it.. guys, u should try it.. shoik.. but be careful.. can be very dangerous..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I was talking to my colleague who already got their OWC a few years back. And they were surprised that I really enjoyed my OWC. They find it strange. Most do not want to continue further.

I dunno why but here is a list of reasons that I can think of.

a. I'm into Reef thus being underwater to see the corals on their natural habitat excites me.

b. Orpheus Dive Staff makes the dive experience really fun and enjoyable

c. The kaki that takes OWC together - a fun group.

d. Experience the weightless feeling underwater. Take buoyancy control a challenge rather than a hassle.

e. Maybe because we got a one night stay in Mersing (7 hr rest) and take a 1hr speed boat to Tioman makes the difference compared to other dive shop that reach Mersing at 1am and took the 3 hour slow dive boat and reach Tioman at 4+am only 2 leave for their first dive at 10am.

What do you guys think?

• SRC Member

I agree with you generally. Important to get a good rest and take the first dive which is very important for the impression for diving.

But ultimately, its the company that counts. :)

I know a friend who have not dive for 2 yrs and still excited about going for a dive this end month. Maybe i should join her. :P

• SRC Member

i suffered from narz when i went to 25 metres.. very free and shoik feeling.. so shoik until i wanna take out my reg.. :o luckily my instructor was looking at us, and warn us abt it.. then i surface a bit to get rid of it.. guys, u should try it.. shoik.. but be careful.. can be very dangerous..

kel,

I heard from my instructor that some even take out their regulator and give it to the fishes. :lol:

Guess to have your buddy around is very important.

• SRC Member

kel,

I heard from my instructor that some even take out their regulator and give it to the fishes. :lol:

Guess to have your buddy around is very important.

really would like to see whether if the fish takes to the reg... hahaha.. :lol: guess i still have not recovered from my narz.. hahaha.. j/k... the best part i like abt it is that when i turn my head to see things, the last image of my buddy, trails me. Takes a while to go away.. something like the PC mouse, when u click on trail and move your mouse, it will leave a trail or something like that.. ahhh.. that is how it is.. very funny.. :yeah:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.