My tank as of 110704

If you want the highest PAR, you should switch to Iwasaki 6500k! :lol:

At this stage, I want to cut back slightly on growth and provide spectral qualities that are known to make SPS corals nicer looking.

I did investigate the Hamilton 14k before, too little info on its spectral properties and too much mixed reviews on it to convince me. Even the tests by Joe Burger didn't include the AC14k and the Guiseman Magnachrome, but mostly American brands.

Anyway, the best 14k bulbs in the market, especially in Europe, are the AC14k and the Guiseman Magnachrome.

Or I could stick with my 6500k and just add T5 actinics but that would mean extra wattage and $$$.

to save $$$...since your sps are already geowing very well and in real need of pruning( I can help :D )

maybe can switched to the AC14k and the Guiseman Magnachrome....no need additional lights..

can also consider using coloured bulbs to get various effects...remeber the jap guy's lighting setup...

But what's the best way to aclimatise your sps to your new lights, being T5s or 14kk.....change one bulb at a time??

No, I'll be raising my lights much higher and lower them over a few weeks. Or I'll use a couple of car windscreen shades over my tank and remove layer by layer over time.

Eeks... the photos disappeared! Reef central stopped outside linking... probably to cut down on bandwidth leaching. I'll have to host the photos here in SRC. Standby!

Heheheh.... the queue for any frags is so long and I have only limited pieces for sale, that is, if there are any! :P

Like I said before... I am not a fragger by nature... I only prune when necessary and there's nothing like a natural reef structure where corals grow into each other... some of my sps colonies are joined together even though they are of different species! Of course, a branch or two may be sacrificed but they contribute to stability of the upper reef structure.

Look for CFD sufferers... they like to break apart their colonies all the time! ;)

• SRC Member
Heheheh.... the queue for any frags is so long and I have only limited pieces for sale, that is, if there are any! :P

Like I said before... I am not a fragger by nature... I only prune when necessary and there's nothing like a natural reef structure where corals grow into each other... some of my sps colonies are joined together even though they are of different species! Of course, a branch or two may be sacrificed but they contribute to stability of the upper reef structure.

Look for CFD sufferers... they like to break apart their colonies all the time! ;)

Well, the end result of pruning will be frags.... :P

Simi si CFD ???

They look the same, except for the bright light pinkish one that I only realized that it is no longer as brightly coloured as it has constantly been in the shade under my monti caps all this time... and I didn't realize the change!! :cry: I'm going to be moving out to a brigher spot and wait for the colours to return.

I may have to let go of my gold deresa clam to make way for it.... any takers? ;)