Plasma tv? Anyone got?

A320

Hi guys,

Anybody with Plasma TV mind sharing what model you got, how much you paid for it and what you think about it??

Thinking of getting one and not sure where can get one for good price?

Any help....much appreciated.

Thanks

6ft x 2ft x 3ft

Suggestions so far.

1. Remove coral chips and ceramic rings and replace with live rocks. removed...looking for live rocks now

2. get rid of most of the filter cloth

3. First Buy!!! Skimz FR with Sorb4 and eheim pump

4. Re-doing the sump.....I~aquatic doing up the plans.

5. Lighting MH+T5 or T5 only? how many?

6. Chiller?

7. Wave maker

8. check valve on the return line to prevent sump overflow (great idea)

9. Refugium? Anything to replace it? a FR of some sort maybe?

Tank Inhabitants

1x Blue Tang

1x picasso trigger

2x Brown Tang

1x pygmy angel

2x Stripped Damselfish

3x False Percula Clownfish

• SRC Member

actually ah, i don't see a use for this tv UNLESS u've got a really small house... but if u can afford to buy a plasma TV, u can definately afford a big house... IMO, a projection tv is good enough but not viewable from the sides...

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

IMO, opt for the Pioneer Plasma TV or the NEC Plasma Monitor and not the Korean made as they are not on par with the Japanese or European. Fyi, even the European made Plasma are OEMed from the Japanese.

If your need is firm to get one then purchase the desktop mount rather than wall-mount. Even though wall-mount looks "cool" like a picture on the wall but a pain-in-neck when comes to servicing or re-locating to another premises.

Get the largest Plasma you can afford and forget about getting less than 42" in size. The largest now in the market is 60" from Pioneer.

Pioneer Plasma comes with the tuner box already but not the NEC as you need either the SCV box or any VCR/DVD recorder to act as a tuner.

Hope this info helps ....

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

have a pioneer one. Don't be fooled by those in the showroom because if you notice they are all playing DVD. Therefore the pics are super clear.

But at home cable tv is sending analog pics and thus the pics quality is not as good. Lately I notice that the pics quality is getting better and I suspect that they are slowing switching to digital. Any comments .....anyone

• SRC Member

No way they are switching over to digital signal unless you are using a digital box from SCV, only a few channel are in digital. Imagine if the signal is switch to digital, 3/4 of Singapore household will be calling SCV hotline.

Hi reefers,

if plasma is your cup of tea, for whatever reason, pls checkout www.plasmabuyingguide.com

not the latest nor all available plasma reviewed may be available and the other way around, you get a good idea how to select one.

Size, for one thing, is not the biggest the better. It depends on your viewing distance. If viewing distance less than 4m, do not get above 42" cos u will be looking at pixelation. Plasma still fall short compared to the latest CRT, even at half the price, but being slim and hang on the wall etc..has it attractions.

One of the shop offering reasonable price is hongliang @ alexandra, u probable want to check them out.

signature2.jpg

• SRC Member
how abt the life span.... ??;)

I heard there is a lifespan to it.... It has this built-in countdown timer for the bulb life...

Also, my uncle who is a PS2 fanatic, tried his guncon on his plasma tv and it doesn't work.... I have yet to try this out though.... not that I have a plasma... :D

but PS2... yeah!

• SRC Member

All electronic equipment has a lifespan and it is not surprise for the Plasma TV, traditional TV, LCD TV, etc.

Anyway, it has been since 5 years I got my first 42" NEC Plasma and today still having vibrant colors without any dead pixels.

Average weekdays viewing hours is about 2 hrs with weekends about 5 hours and more if there are live broadcast of soccer and golf events.

Anyway, have no problem displaying the output from any notebook to the plasma.

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

Plasma? I'd rather get a DLP projector.

Reasons;

1) Plasma 40"-$16-20k_________Projector 100" -$10k

2) Plasma-burn marks in about 3years_____Projector can change bulb

3) Replace Plasma screen $2k__________Projector lamp $650

4) Plasma color IMPRESSIVE but Not NATURAL_____ Projector More Natural.

***Shiraz, the viewing angle depends on the kind of screen you project on, not the Projector's issue.

Jus my opinion.......

I have a hang on the wall plasma TV and it looks like this!

post-22-1089478466.jpg

Joking... I wish I can have a real plasma TV... for my PC!! :lol:

Hon can answer you... he has a plasma TV.

• SRC Member

I have a 42" wall mount plasma TV in my room and I happy with it.. have all the wiring done by myself neatly, I'm able to hook up my MAC powerbook and watch downloaded movie.. :P or watching latest digtial photo taken, plus a DVD-RW recoder to recoder any show or drama that I miss or watch dvd/vcd show....

• SRC Member
Hon can answer you... he has a plasma TV.

Geez...AT always like to arrow me.

Plasma good!! Go for Pioneer 43" screen or bigger. Try not to waste your money on korean brand.

living-room.jpg

:paiseh: Actually it was feature in Cube magazine, july 2003 issue :)

Ahh.. now no longer a secret already ah? :whistle

I like the way the tank was shot... reflected in your mirror... ;)

Wow.....thanks for the info guys. Am looking at getting a 42" or smaller one for the bedroom as veiwing distnace is not too far.

Pioneer seems to be well recommended. Any idea how much a 37 or 42" on cost now?

Anybody tried Sony??

Besides, HongLiang @ alexandra....does anyone know any other place, so i can do a price check?

Would rather splurge on the tank, but other half insist on doing up the bedroom with the works.....sheesh!!!

6ft x 2ft x 3ft

Suggestions so far.

1. Remove coral chips and ceramic rings and replace with live rocks. removed...looking for live rocks now

2. get rid of most of the filter cloth

3. First Buy!!! Skimz FR with Sorb4 and eheim pump

4. Re-doing the sump.....I~aquatic doing up the plans.

5. Lighting MH+T5 or T5 only? how many?

6. Chiller?

7. Wave maker

8. check valve on the return line to prevent sump overflow (great idea)

9. Refugium? Anything to replace it? a FR of some sort maybe?

Tank Inhabitants

1x Blue Tang

1x picasso trigger

2x Brown Tang

1x pygmy angel

2x Stripped Damselfish

3x False Percula Clownfish