wat camera r u guys using for nice macro shots

hamannbmw

• SRC Member

I went to sim lim square twice to choose a camera... initially thought of getting a canon IXUS 500, but the macro mode is not fantastic, den someone recomend me a sony T1 cos the macro seems great.... after which I do a search under dpreview.com , it says sony sucks.....

went to 2nd day.. sales guy say casio lar, pentax lar..... etc etc <_< . Now i confuse like dunno wat to buy :(

Can someone show my some macro shots n yr camera model :thanks: I would prefer a smaller camera like canon Ixus or maybe sony T1...... :thanks:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sony T1 cannot lah...non moving macro shots maybe still can...

but moving ones like fish very difficult...

generally..u see the lens size..the bigger it gets...the better it is...but of coz quality is another issue other than size...

i was using sony v1....not too bad although not good enough...

now using the f828 much better..but of coz too big for your requirements already..

canon g5 should be good for your consideration too

but with the f828 now, i can go nearer and get the scales...

but like i said...will be too big for your requirement..

generally those super compact cameras, quite hard to capture fish shots...

but of coz, i must admit my skills very lousy...maybe a pro with the same super compact camera can take much better :)

post-11-1089282700.jpg

welcome to the bazooka club... alongside tanzy and me in here :lol:

i switched to speed priority mode...set to around 1/80 or 1/100 speed..

or u can even switch to higher ....so that the speed is faster since you have 250W lights above them...i am only using 150W...so if i increase too much....the pictures will come out dim...in general, i think the higher the value, the easier to capture fast moving fishes

weileong suggest aperture priority mode...of around 2.5..seriously i also newbie in terms of photography...

i just try to shoot with a steady hand...hold breath, squeeze trigger. :D

anyway, back for hamannbmw,

maybe can consider the canon G5....

deepblue is using..you can look through his thread and see if his macro pics appeal to you...

seriously i think the G5 is a decent camera with a very good battery life...

you dun want to have a small cute camera but keep changing batteries, or worse when the batteries cannot be bought off convenience stores when you are travelling...

Canon PowerShot G5

BP-511 8.1 Wh

4 hr 33 mins

460 shots

very good battery life for the G5

• SRC Member

Roidan,

Yr f828 really very impressive.... love the pics ;)

Vinoth,

yr shots r excellent too.. using canon G5

Maybe i should get my bros G2 testing first :lol: , hope to see some macro pics from compact cameras... jus wan to see the difference in quality, if not too much of a different , i may go for IXUS500........ :lol:

Guys, more pic pls........... ;)

The canon s500

"Good battery life for a compact model, but a good idea to buy an extra battery anyway. With a worst-case run time of about 92 minutes on a fully-charged battery, the S500's battery life is on the good side of average for a compact model. Also, while I didn't measure its run-down time with the LCD turned off, it seems to be at least several hours. Nonetheless, my standard advice to purchase a second battery along with the camera still stands"

i personally used a few versions of digital ixus since their first model...then moved on to v1 ..v2...good and compact...but the battery life really not good...my personal view..

but then again...cannot have small size and yet super long battery life...

have to give and take...hehee

OH yea, thanks to roidan for bringing up the noise (grainy) issue when increasing ISO...

For those using digital cameras, can try de-noising software like neatimage (www.neatimage.com) , pretty useful ;)... (try downloading the profiles ... pray got profile for ur camera model)

Of coz, resizing to a lower resolution (smaller file, also) the grain won't be so visible also...

yeah..very good cam..

weileong using it...

the sound of the shutter sounds so nice...i still remember the mellow chuck chuck chuck sound...the canon digital rebel shutter is abit on the higher pitch side...but it's a good cam as well..but in burst shooting the D70 has an edge over the digital rebel..

not to mention the all black D70 makes it slightly nicer than the slightly plastic look of the digital rebel :)

both are DSLR, meaning can have the flexibility to change lens..but also means the flexibility to lighten wallets...hehe

and their CCD/CMOS sensors are large....meaning even taking pics at larger ISO will not have too significant grainy issues compared to other non-DSLR digicams :)

One down side of the D70 or rather the D70 sales package is that the 18-70mm lens that comes in the kit do not have macro mode. This is what I missed so far.

Sometimes I need to go back to my coolpix 5000 for the macro mode.

Guess I'll have to save up for a 2:1 macro lens soon :P