Going to Tokyo next week

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

Hiya Guys, I am off to tokyo for a week and am hoping that I can buy some stuff from there to lug back. Marine related of course...

Any ideas what is worth-while to buy there that i cant get here?

Any good FLS to visit around town?

You got to be kidding.... the cost of living is a LOT higher than our region!

Cheap is NOT something associated with Tokyo! :lol:

Just try buying a bowl of ramen.... ;)

Which hotel are you staying in? The last time I was there... I couldn't find any LFS.... I believe they are all in the suburbs!

• SRC Member

Very difficult to get to the marine LFS. Not worth the effort. Involves taking the train then walking or bus/taxi. Even if you speak fluent Japanese, it will still be quite a trip. Don't expect Japanese to speak or even understand English.

Forget LFS and enjoy yourself in Shibuya or Odaiba or somewhere. Go to Tokyu Hands, it has lots of cool stuff. There is a store in Shibuya but the biggest store is in Shinjuku, Takashimaya Time Square building. The coolest thing to get will be a whole set of solar powered head nodding thingies. If you are looking for man stuff (i.e. electronics, DVD and ######), go to Akihabara. Straight out of the JR station there are two alleys packed with the above mentioned. LAOX has a duty free store that provides English instruction manuals with the electronics. Pick up some cool stuff like Sony Cocoon or Toshiba Gigabeat. If you are bored or the weather is bad, go to the Sony Media Centres in Shinjuku or Odaiba and waste time there gawking over the latest technology that will never appear in Singapore. Touch and play to your hearts content because all the items there are not for sale.

It's typhoon season too with horrible summer muggy weather.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif