DeepBlue's Mixed Reef

DeepBlue

he was closing his tank.....pple ask me to help..definitely will do that..but not responsible if the corals die.... or SPS turn brown and rtn

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

DB,

Your tank is truly an inspiration for me. It shows how dedicated you are in your love for the reef. Having kept a few corals and knowing how difficult it is, your tank(and a few others here) will constantly serve to remind me where one can get to if sufficent resouces are put in. Its so Grand and wonderful.

Wishing you continued success in your reef keeping endevours.

mm

• SRC Member

great...looks better under your tank..

dun worry....no hard feelings at all even if it goes up lorry....just hope it doesnt create a ammonia spike if it happens to die ....

cant bear to see any of the great corals and fishes inside being harmed...

my super chio bubbles dint survive the transistion in ML...wasted...shld have sold to some frens...but kudos to henry still for offering to help...

Finally got a piece that I have been eyeing for months........in a LFS showtank for so long...thought try and ask today....and they sold it to me at a rather good price (to me).

Made my day :P

Love the green ring :wub:

post-34-1092916473.jpg

Finally got a piece that I have been eyeing for months........in a LFS showtank for so long...thought try and ask today....and they sold it to me at a rather good price (to me).

Made my day :P

Love the green ring :wub:

Wow, it's very very nice & special. Yup, me too love the Green Rings. :upsidedown:

Care to advise where you bought it & anymore of the similar colours available, thanks alot :thanks:

Got it from LCK...it is a rather big piece...dun see naymore like it...but there's a few thinner slabs ...no harm checking them out...

Add another shot(blurred with my FlameAngel - seldom get any decent shot of the red guy......been with me for months) ;)

post-34-1092927741.jpg

oh..madmac...thanks for the kind words....same goes for niceeee....

I have a rather simple setup...not a lot of equipment....I share the similar woos of reefings many bros has...

I have my days of corals or rockworks collapsing.

I have my days of acros going rtn and I have no way to stop it...I have nice acros turning brown on me....

I have days where the some LPS just died on me....

One thing I do feel is impt is having a matured tank... and lots of LR ;)

Some equipment update(19/08/2004):

2X250W hamilton TEch 14kk SE MH bulbs.

1 X FL coralife actinic (lights dun by Dr Evil)

using a Pac Coo 0.5hp chiller

a DIYed beckett (6" X 40") from a fren

RM Ca Reactor

RM F Reactor

a simple sump with sandbags and coralchips....

No DSB...a noisy overflow....

and a lot of patience and care ...

No state of the art equip...or simple ones..no branded stuffs either....

• SRC Member
he was closing his tank.....pple ask me to help..definitely will do that..but not responsible if the corals die.... or SPS turn brown and rtn

hee...moving hse soon so will b closin my tank. Cn topang my all my sps with u :yeah:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

hee...moving hse soon so will b closin my tank. Cn topang my all my sps with u 

:eyebrow: I will cherry pick the best to house in my tank..... :yeah: and ...no responsibility in ensuring that they will be alright when you have done up your new tank :evil:

Got it from LCK...it is a rather big piece...dun see naymore like it...but there's a few thinner slabs ...no harm checking them out...

Add another shot(blurred with my FlameAngel - seldom get any decent shot of the red guy......been with me for months) ;)

Thanks, so envy, anyway will check with them :P

• SRC Member

Must hav taken u the whole after noon scaping. :lol:

Glad tat they r in good hands. Someday when we downsizes....i believe sps still gonna occupy the top area of our tank though we mentioned "the idea of shiftin back to lps". :P

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

Thanks guys....... :bow:

I'm still learning the trick to keeping a decent looking tank...

For new reefers, I too have faced many pitfalls, like...

...some acros brown out, some rtn..there are also some that coloured up and some that grew quite a bit

Journey has been tough, has been expensive to upkeep...but satisfaction is pretty cool B)

Continuing to learn from the exp gurus here .... they are always helpful... :D

Also wont want to discount the reliability of a few equipment...like

1) JoeP's RM Calicum reactor which has helped maintained my Ca level above 430 and dkh at 10-11.

2) A DIYed 6"wide by 40" tall beckett by a friend...

3) excellent lighting work done by Dr Evil (my 2 X 250W HamiltonTech 14kk bulbs)

4) the reliable 0.5hp Pac Coo chiller

5) RM FR :lol:

post-34-1093438202.jpg

my new birdnest...really hope my lights can sustain the intensity of the colour...compared to the 400W MH...a tough one to match

post-34-1093438298.jpg