DeepBlue's Mixed Reef

DeepBlue

My elegance corals..2 pieces...

One pink tipped - spread more than 7 inches wide

the smaller ones has a grey /bluish tip..stretch about 5 inches wide.

Recommended place for placing these corals: sand bed where every part gets good light.

Current flow: moderate/gentle

(DA: I am not adding anymore fishes:

I have:

1 x Black Tang (Medium/Small sized)

1 X Sohal Tang (M/S)

1 X Powder Blue Tang (M/S)

1 X Chocolate Surgeon Tang (M)

1 X Kole Tang(S)

1 X Hippo Tang(M)

1 X Flame Angel(S)

1 X Brazilian Gramma(M)...and I am not counting the smaller fishes)

Skimmer Running OT to keep the sps colours ;))

hey thats a lot of tangs hahhaa

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree....that's a flaw I have in reefing...cant stay away from stocking fishes, esp tangs. No choice but to upgrade equip. for them

PIX...a shot of fire goby hangin garound the acros..I have a pair of them...but no mated ones...both own a corner of the tank

post-34-1089292354.jpg

Black Tang??? Ruling the house with the Blue Tang....Swimmng ard...will try to take a better shot of the guy tonight..... ;)

Anyway...you can see it shadowing the blue tang in the pic above ;)

• SRC Member
awesome......change alot the last time i visted.........sooner or later, u need to upgrade to a 6 footer....at the rate u are stocking n the reef are growing

this marine tank upgrading project has been suspended for 10mths due to the successful launch of the other more important project! :lol::lol::lol:

maybe fragging also forbidden! :evil:

guys who have read some of my chats earlier knows I am moving towards a smaller tank ;) similar to JoeP's ;)

• SRC Supporter
guys who have read some of my chats earlier knows I am moving towards a smaller tank ;) similar to JoeP's  ;)

Good news!!! You can start your downgrading project immediately and without any hassle with just the simple action of handing over some colourful stuff... :eyebrow:

LIke to Thanks everybody for the generous comments and interest..unfortunately...I will be accomplishing the impossible...cramp everything I have now into my smaller tank ;)

• SRC Member
LIke to Thanks everybody for the generous comments and interest..unfortunately...I will be accomplishing the impossible...cramp everything I have now into my smaller tank  ;)

Let me know if you need some help... ;)

Btw, how the pinkish colour of the hyacinthus holding up?

• SRC Member
Once again. Very touched by the comments. I always feel that there is a long way to go to learn from the gurus here...too bad many are no longer active anymore.

TOTM? Not even bothered to think about it. Danano has raised the bar so high, not sure anyone else can top that after the first one...

Think prob LinkinPark and Boss can equal that... :lol:

Actually, I have seen so many tanks that are really stunning, still learning from everyone ;)

PIC: My poci...as requested by LP ;)

Bought it in Pasir Ris...a while back...doing alright. Hoping the colours will hold. its pinkish  ;)  Palm Size..BIG

:paiseh: :paiseh: :paiseh:

You've got a pretty amazing mixed reef tank DeepBlue, and it just keeps getting better! :bow:

Where will your tangs go when you move to a smaller setup? Your planned FOWLR?

Where will your tangs go when you move to a smaller setup? Your planned FOWLR?

Dan... I will keep 1 tang, the black one :P with some smaller long bodied fishes ;)

The 6 footer will be next year, probably...there will be a few fishes in it..(HK style)

Btw, how the pinkish colour of the hyacinthus holding up?

colour is holding, but base is slowly going...guess should always make the right decision to not buy anything when a shipment is stressed out. Guess you know its always: maybe this one will do well...and last. Monitoring it..but not keeping hopes high...and no...I dun intend to frag the guy, if it goes, it goes :lol:

post-34-1089466826.jpg

My full tank shot 100704 ;)

PIx quite blurr...didnt set cam properly...too lazy to wipe tank glass and clear the layer of algae as well....been busy for the last few days

post-34-1089468796.jpg