AquaC EV-300 Skimmer...

seamonkee

• SRC Member

Hey guys, thinking of an AquaC EV-300 Skimmer for my new tank... Would it be an overkill? I want to have a really really good skimmer...

Also, what sort of pump (model) will go great with this skimmer?

• SRC Member
Or are you looking at the EV-400? ;)

Yup.... EV400... I want super clean water leh... so is it an overkill and what pump will go great with it?

• SRC Member
MD55 should be fine... but like that might as well go with beckett ?

MD55 with EV240 or EV400?

Is Beckett better than the AquaC series? Pricing? Performance? I have heard so much about AquaC but never Beckett...

• SRC Member

one word in advice.. that's no such thing as over skimming but got such thing as under skimming...

go for the one u trust and your need.. in term of size your feeding habbit and of coz your pocket money and elect bill

for me I dont go for Beckett even they r good.. cause they r way too tall...

I only want reef tank to be display in my house and not equipments laying around like a fish shop, my wife will go killing me...unless those equipment r hidden in the room...

• SRC Member
Resun=Iwaki

Resun made in China , clone of Iwaki

OIC.... and yeah, I went to EAquanature to check out the dimensions of the skimmmer plus other equipment...

• SRC Member

The EV-400 needs a height clearance of 32" with a footprint of 6.75" x 10.75". You must cater for extra 6" of clearance space inside the cabinet for removing the collection cup. Also got to take note of the piping to/from the tank to the sump.

Recommend pump is the Iwaki MD55 or MD40.

Alternatively look for the iwaki clone which costs about $400 - $500 and recently saw one unit at Pasir Ris L35 Blk D.

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

Nothing is overkill in this hobby. The better the skimmer, the more safety margin you have. That's why our AT boss with a 5x3x2.5 tank is using a 1048 dual beckett skimmer. 10 inch diameter, and 4ft tall.

Just how much you can afford and want to spend. :)

Just like to add that this Reef Maniac skimmer Dual-Beckett Commercial Series DK1-1055-DB is currently running only on ONE beckett driven by an Iwaki MX-70. It has a 10 inch diameter reaction chamber and a 7 inch diameter riser tube. It stands at 4.5ft/1.4m tall! On its stand above sump level, its taller than me at 1.92m!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...=0entry218718

• SRC Member

Woah... I dun have a room to play around with like AT, so Beckett is definitely out for me.... I will stick with my EV400....

Thanks once again to those who help me with their advices...