bubble_gum's 2ft reef

bubble_gum

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Haha! Yeah good idea. More circulation guys!!!  :lol:

Acanthurus pyroferus - DSB doesn't help you with NO3 reduction?

actually no.....I think I have more problems then easing my workload......even with a powerful skimmer , your DSB can either work or crash with disaster results. My NO3 stability is due more to husbandry skills then to wait around for detrivores to do it..... ;)

It's alot nicer with a DSB though as I have no doubt about that but maintenance wise it's more work then one might think..... ;)

• SRC Member

"your DSB can either work or crash with disaster results."

Err... So in what way would the DSB crash? How do you control whether it crashes or works for you and controls nitrate? :eyeblur:

"It's alot nicer with a DSB though as I have no doubt about that but maintenance wise it's more work then one might think..... "

What husbandry skills and maintenance you do to your DSB? I thought no need to touch them at all? :erm: Hehe... getting all confused here. :yeah:

bro.Raymond.....I notice that a deep sand bed will be host to many detrivores and other unwanted parasites as well. With their micro larva stage the actual deep sand bed can be a haven for them to breed and produce. Thats why sometimes your fish may recover and all of a sudden come up again with the same Ich problem. My FOWLR....has a bare bottom and using those normal air driven skimmers with no U.V. or Ozonizer and not a sign of Ich on my fishes. Bare bottoms are alot more cleaner for sure.... ;)

Eh sis salah lah... ich may disappear and attack again is because of thieir life cycle and not living in the DSB.... aiyah very long story, wrote something like this here somewhere in this forum but disappear liao(try to see if can find or not)

And also ich or parasite fries dun live on sand bed, the are free swimming kind, ready to pounce on any host they can come along.....

• SRC Member

Eh sis salah lah... ich may disappear and attack again is because of thieir life cycle and not living in the DSB.... aiyah very long story, wrote something like this here somewhere in this forum but disappear liao(try to see if can find or not)

And also ich or parasite fries dun live on sand bed, the are free swimming kind, ready to pounce on any host they can come along.....

doctor tang in the house....he..he...Try and clear the DSB then you see what happens...no need to go into long story lah.... :lol: My tangs stay healthy with no DSB , Ultra Violet or Ozonizer lah somemore use air driven skimmer sia....so wheres the "free swimming larvae"....he..he Can borrow me microscope? :eyebrow:

doctor tang in the house....he..he...Try and clear the DSB then you see what happens...no need to go into long story lah.... :lol: My tangs stay healthy with no DSB , Ultra Violet or Ozonizer lah somemore use air driven skimmer sia....so wheres the "free swimming larvae"....he..he Can borrow me microscope? :eyebrow:

Hey...... no ich on your fish doesn't mean ich is not present in your tank.... they are just not strong enough to overcome your fish immune system.... seriously read up on that long stroy den you know what i mean or else very hard to explain :lol::lol::lol: Hmm now i really need a microscope.. ah i know tanzy has

• SRC Member

Haha! It is a good idea of going fishless, something new. But I don't think that I can have my tank that way. Not much activity to observe. :rolleyes: Great that your corals are full and all puff up man! :lol: Seems like they are real happy after feeding. :angel:

Oh, cool skimmate from a low end skimmer. Looks like you won't have Nutela and me neither for a month or so after seeing that pic. :nuke: Haha!

• SRC Member
Haha! It is a good idea of going fishless, something new. But I don't think that I can have my tank that way. Not much activity to observe. :rolleyes: Great that your corals are full and all puff up man! :lol: Seems like they are real happy after feeding. :angel:

Oh, cool skimmate from a low end skimmer. Looks like you won't have Nutela and me neither for a month or so after seeing that pic. :nuke: Haha!

hey bro i realised gg bare btm i can have my fave coral.... the elegence :( they need to be on the sand.... and i also found that my water current is way too strong to keep it <_< aniwaes the skimate really surprised me.... guess i dun have to b looking for an aquaC remora anytime soon :P

hmm i wonder how woud a purple firegoby look in my tank :rolleyes::heh:

• SRC Member

Errr... I thought you going fishless? Haha, tempted to put in LS huh! :yeah:

yeah Elegance is ool coral, I am thinking of getting one for my tank too! Must get some space leh, lots of hard corals liao. Later got hard coral wars. :evil:

• SRC Member

it is very hard if not impossible to eliminate ich from tank system... you don't see whitespots on ur fish doesn't mean that the parasite is not on the fish or in the tank.. Even if u go fishless, how long can the ich parasite stay alive in dormant state? months? years? Even if u eliminate liao, then decide to introduce some fish, they might very well also have ich on their body even though not visibly apparent. Even with a strong UV light, they might still be present even though numbers dramatically reduced. just keep water conditions good and dun stress fishes too much loh, keep them in optimal health and let nature do it's wonders, they should be able to fend them off by themselves lah.. :D

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
it is very hard if not impossible to eliminate ich from tank system... you don't see whitespots on ur fish doesn't mean that the parasite is not on the fish or in the tank.. Even if u go fishless, how long can the ich parasite stay alive in dormant state? months? years? Even if u eliminate liao, then decide to introduce some fish, they might very well also have ich on their body even though not visibly apparent. Even with a strong UV light, they might still be present even though numbers dramatically reduced. just keep water conditions good and dun stress fishes too much loh, keep them in optimal health and let nature do it's wonders, they should be able to fend them off by themselves lah.. :D

bro i mean go fishless period..... :P and if i add in fishes i highly doubt i will be adding itch magnets :rolleyes: