Ryan's 3ft tank

ryan

• SRC Member
Nice tank Ryan.

You should be able to squeeze in a Tunze in there for improved flow. But you may need to shift some of your LPS.

You can break the flow of the Tunze by placing it behind a heavy piece of LR. Adjust the placement until you achieve the desired flow pattern.

If you do decide on a Tunze, I suggest going for a 6060 standalone or a 6000/6100 with single controller (if your budget permits). The controller has several useful features/functions, allowing you to vary the flow rate and pattern

Dan

thanks! :D

will see if changing my return pump to the MD 40 works first before adding the tunze. any advise on what pump to get?

should it go straight up or should it go through the chiller first?

also any advise on the size of the pipes?

what size pipes are ideal and what size should the "nozzle"(the last part of pipe as it enters the tank) be?

thanks for the reply!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Increase your kH if it is low and try to get it to 9 or 10. Keeping kH at this elevated level has been said to alleviate dinoflagellate bloom..it might very well affect cyano too. High kH levels and higher specific gravity will also improve skimming efficiency (due to higher viscousity). Try increasing your s.g to around 1.025 slowly over 2-3 days to see it it helps.

oh will do that over the next few days.

however, my kh test kit only show low, good, or high results.

its by red sea i think.

should i just add the kh up(think its marine buffer) but keep within the good range or just buy a new test kit?