Anemone Care

spade

How established is your tank?

They say never to put an anemone into a new tank.

The water parameters must be acceptable to anemones or they won't adapt fast enough.

They are after all... 'bags of water'. Some are tougher than others.

Is it getting enought light? Have you tried feeding it?

• SRC Member

AT, tks for the quick reply

The 2ft tank is up for abt 4 mths, the fishes (4) are ok :) ), manually go and put the tablet near to its mouth on the disc (now asking trouble... :huh: ), should i try feeding it with something else?

i'm using 55w AquaLux 10000K, on for 12hr everyday

• SRC Member

Light is too weak but it can be circumvented by feeding more. Plankton tablets are not sufficient to provide enough nutrients to the anemone. Start feeding fish meat and shelled prawns twice a week. The anemone is not totally lost.

Clowns do not need anemones to thrive.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

But feed it smaller bits of fish and not too often or it will expend too much energy just to digest the food. Also be prepared to siphon the anemone's body out of the tank the moment it is unable to grip on to a surface. By then it is usually dead. Happened to me once, the anemone disintegrated when I lifted it up and really stank!

P.S It is very easy to pollute a 2ft when you are feeding the anemone so be careful.

• SRC Member

One more thing. You can try letting the anemone have longer lighting hours which may help. Also, usually a large boisterous clown like the tomato is very rough and can stress a newly added anemone. Like Tanzy said the clown doesn't need the anemone, and vice-versa (at least not in a tank!)

If the clown is too large for the anemone it can also hurt the tentacles. You may want to consider separating them.

• SRC Member

as the guys said, switch to prawn meat of fish meat(doesn't cost much)u can freeze it & thaw for use.

cut into pieces & feed twice a week. If all is well u can even do it every 3days- should put out a spurt of growth within weeks.

cut the pieces just big enough for the thing to grab & eat straight away in front of your eyes within mins- too big & it'll let it float away.

& if the clown disturbs the food- shoo it away until anemone swallows it.

the tablet u using not much of use to the anemones- nutrition & protein wise.