weileong's 4ft tank - Part II

weileong

• SRC Member
Yes Yes one man show :P

Fri - 10pm till 6am (Sat)

Sat - 1pm till 5am (Sun)

Sun - 1pm till 7am (Mon)

Most shiong part is not removing the sandbed but to scape back everything. The rough shape of the reef is formed now :P

U r GREAT bro. :lol::bow:

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

Worked very hard during this Veska day LWE. From Friday evening till Monday 7am. Ouch, my legs, my back, my arms......

Managed to remove 160kg of sand and finally BB system.

This is done with partial removal of live rocks and SPS but all fishes remains in the main tank.

No LS is lost during the progress *phew*

Now work in progress to get tonga LR to hide the egg crate base.

Woah... that's really a LOT of hard work, WL!!!

Your overhang looks cool... reminds me of mine.... ;)

post-34-1116936096.jpg

• SRC Member

Wah! How come you guys got such fantastic 'gung-hu' huh? :huh:

Can create such amazing aquascapes! :bow:

New tank in place now. Renos almost over. Piping next weekend. When setting up tank teach me to aquascape leh. :paiseh:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

Day 2 after conversion to BB and PO4 reading 0.04ppm. Did 2 test back-to-back and both shows 0.04ppm

Before that with DSB always hovers around 0.06ppm even with reduced/controlled feedings.

Now aiming for the ultimate PO4 reading below 0.03ppm.

Did some comparison with salifert PO4 test taking the PO4 meter reading as reference, at PO4 reading ard 0.1ppm the salifert test kit color is very difficult to see :P

post-34-1116957758.jpg

• SRC Member
Day 2 after conversion to BB and PO4 reading 0.04ppm. Did 2 test back-to-back and both shows 0.04ppm

Before that with DSB always hovers around 0.06ppm even with reduced/controlled feedings.

Now aiming for the ultimate PO4 reading below 0.03ppm.

Did some comparison with salifert PO4 test taking the PO4 meter reading as reference, at PO4 reading ard 0.1ppm the salifert test kit color is very difficult to see :P

wow.. nv see this equipment b4, can i borrow :P , i would like to know my PO4 reading too, cos salifert testkits cant really see the colours <_<

wow.. nv see this equipment b4, can i borrow :P , i would like to know my PO4 reading too, cos salifert testkits cant really see the colours <_<

No point borrowing as you will need to use it on a regular basis.

Can contact Hanna Instruments if you want to get it. Cost ard $350 for the meter. You will also need to get the reagent for the test. The cost of each test is the same as the Salifert.

Day 4 of BB system.

PO4 has dropped to 0.03ppm. Did 3 test back to back and 2 test showing 0.03ppm and one test 0.02ppm, the higher reading is taken.

8 months of fighting PO4 reading with DSB, managed to get it down from 0.22ppm to 0.06ppm only after that long time.

3 days of hard work removing DSB.

4 days relax and get lowest PO4 reading so far.

post-34-1117205283.jpg

• SRC Member
Stanley, cannot anyhow post now toy already cos already got "SRC outcast" people in another forum commenting that I always show off by posting my "expensive", equipment.

That's not true cos I post to share info only.

Aiyah, don't care what people say lah! I think the majority of us actually benefit with all the sharing that's going around! :)

Anyway, this is a place to share info right? How else can we all learn?

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)