Roidan's Reef (III)

roidan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Amazing. Dedicate MCB for all the switches, at least you don't have to worry that it will trip the mains and spoil some of the home appliance.

Just a question is all this hidden away from preying eyes? If so, wouldn't the tripping of the MCB escape undetect unless you/ your family member need to go and check out your tank from time to time?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

not say hidden lah...more or less beside the tank only....

will teach my maid how to monitor it...actually no need monitor much lah...

before this is set up...i was running everything from one wall socket.....everyday hold fire extinguisher in my hands...lol...

but somehow never ever trip once also..means i din overload the wall socket lor....but better be safe lah...already spend so much time and effort....just a little more and a few other items to complete and then can finally sit back and relax liao..

reef retirement....it's near ;)

• SRC Member

I think one simple way to prevent "cross fingers" overload is to connect the high power consumption to one set of single pole CB. So from the current configuration, you're 4 rows of switches with 4 single CB. So row one to chiller, row two with return pump etc.. ?

<roidan> Trying to me smart, right noekn :unsure::unsure: Slap you then you know.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

whaha

no price war leh..cos almost monopoly...so they wun fight each other to give u discounts lah..

but ask for vouchers loh..

LFS vouchers?

whahhah

i am surviving on 2x4 sockets....but i run fewer equipment than you lah...

must go see how u wire up the setup next time..

at least your current wiring sounds safer than mine...i start off from 1 wall socket plug extension with 8 sockets...and then from one of the sockets plug in another extention with sockets...and then ...and then.... :sick:

it is a recipe for disaster...

just that Mr Murphy decided not to visit me yet....that's why i faster fix this MCB up before he finally sets a date to visit me :lol:

• SRC Member

i also got use extensions...eheim pumps lah..all the 2 pins type...no choice but to use the extensions..

and my tank is in my sleeping room...

worse....bear the glare of lights and wrath of chiller...

hey never go LFS tour today?

friday leh...sure got shipment mah..

:lol:

the beckett havent touch down at your place?

want to see the giant of giants...

fren fixed it up for me...a couple of hundreds...

personal favour..hehe

i think any qualified contractor or electrician will be able to do that as well...basic for them....flip the classifieds can easily find :)

will be busy these few days rewiring those short cables to reach these sockets...and rest the extension gangs :)

at least your current wiring sounds safer than mine...i start off from 1 wall socket plug extension with 8 sockets...and then from one of the sockets plug in another extention with sockets...and then ...and then.... :sick:

it is a recipe for disaster...

just that Mr Murphy decided not to visit me yet....that's why i faster fix this MCB up before he finally sets a date to visit me :lol:

:D Murphy dun fix appointment to drop by one hor...... he suka suka will come one....... :P

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

terry: a couple of hundreds...dunno market rate is how much for such a job

jie: wat indo fish shop....hawaii fish shop can or not.....indo fish shop dun have AT one.... :lol:

lightningstrike: yeah..i understand....that's why better prevent rather than correct the problems

RAV-65: maybe not enough ah..god knows what else i wanna plug into those sockets :lol:

going to buy a cheap one as back up lor...so in case the chiller or the chiller pump or anything in the chiller loop malfunction overnight....the other loop can maintain reasonable temperature while i get the other repaired or troubleshot...

my fren ah...u can forget it..i waited for months before he came over to do for me....he does wiring for industrial and commercial buildings...this kind of stuff he not interested in earning...but personal favour he finally came over and do it today :)

like neokn said...any qualified electrician will be able to do it for you :)

in fact some bros here have done it themselves :bow: