Roidan's Reef (III)

roidan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... that was the impression I got :P

Or rather it could mean those that employed some LFS to fully setup and maintain their reef tanks for them, total hands off and so those people "bought" their tank.

Otherwise when we setup the tank ourselves, get the LS and take care of the tank all by ourselves how can it be called "bought" our tanks lol.

but indeed we did bought our tanks mah....

and every effort in getting our systems going well is priceless...

u can dump money in this endless pit and yet do not reap what you expect to see....fishes dying..corals dying...equipment failing on you....stuff like dat...

somehow i feel this hobby needs a certain bit of luck

Got to confess...I 'bought' my tank...from a LFS that was along Sembawang Road sometime ago(more than a year plus) ...moved liaoz...they were giving up their showtank and I was on very tight budget... :P

the only diff: came without corals, LS, rocks....only new sand and coralife salt in bucket :D

Oh yes correct correct... now I wonder who didn't bought their tank lol.

I know I had to pay for every single equipment, LS, sand, water, electricity etc.

Oh yes the air used for my skimmer is FOC.

Hmm..... you meant got pple never "bought" or rather pay for their tank one?

Okie lar I confess I bought my tank 2nd hand hor.. not brand new :P

deepblue, i think i get what weileong means..

something like, now and then there will be detractors who will just look at your tank and just make a comment like...

"wah liew...nothing great what....all buy one....use money buy the good equipment means like that lor...i also can do that if i put in the same money"

somehow some blokes think that money can readily buy success in this hobby....

in fact, i think that the more you dump into this hobby, the harder you fall...coz you got more to lose when things go wrong....

well, detractors always exist in the world :rolleyes::lol:

I definitely dun think money can get you a very nice tank setup..... I have seen too many good and expensively equipped tanks that are just CMI.

My tank has very simple equipment setup...I dun have ph monitor, UV and stuff ...just simple essential stuffs like skimmer and CR. Besides that, just the lights. Guess its more experience than anything...

Actually I blame the loss of my corals to my ignorance than my lack of state of the art equipment.

yeah....

all the money and equipment we spend on....people can easily see...

but all the effort, sweat, worries and wat more....only we ourselves know....

somehow i think people who pass off such statements must be growing vineyards in their backyards :lol:

but no worries deepblue, if i hear anyone who says that about your tank, i make sure he faces the Justice League :lol: