Roidan's Reef (III)

roidan

sometimes the raw materials in making pumps can be cheap but it's the amount of time, manpower and thus money spent in coming out with the design and finally production of the pump...

all these have to be recouped by high pump prices....

that's why clones like resun will always be cheaper, because they do not have to spend as much resources in getting their md40 or md55...they just need to get a few samples and *monkey see monkey do*, cutting short the learning curve, thus the final product is rolled out without much initial capital outlay...and thus cheaper in comparison :)

dealer mark up will definitely play a part if goes through the distribution chain....but even get directly from manufacturer, the price may not be cheap for the reasons i suggested...

a bro said before, it can take months to come out with a good design, yet just seconds to copy it ;)

Hope Resun comes out with a White Dragon series soon :yeah:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I think i will need to hook-up an auto-feeder of sorts to help with the regular feeding to fatten up the fishes...but need to strike a balance with the SPS requirements or else my already brown SPS with becoming kit-kat color liao.. hehehe

I am using the autofeeder with pellet + very finely cut NORI. I also started on pang cai already. Now all my tangs including the AT stomach is always very fat. Let's see how it goes. I am keeping my finger crossed.

I am feeding a lot these days.. Alfa with your beckett shouldn't be a problem :P You should see how much mine is skimming out nowadays.

But anytime you see Roidan's AT you *slurp slurp*..... well done man.. not too many pple can keep an AT so fat like yours :P

• SRC Member

yup. it's an excellent specimen definitely. i saw it swim laps after laps. damn ang peng siong looking!!!!

now that u mention it, i went to dig out pics of my AT. same thing. also got the streamers! haha. after adding a cleaner wrasse, it has become pretty shy with my MH on, but will take on the lap swimming when my MHs are off ;)

maybe one day we can put both your AT and my OrangeGum in a long tub for competition! haha.

alfa:

the key is to feed like mad. for a couple of weeks in order to nurse my AT from ich and keep it strong and healthy, i flood the tank with so much food, nori and veggie, hoping that by chance that dude will eat more. i guess i've been lucky so far but u gotta bear a little risk with water quality

alfa:

the key is to feed like mad. for a couple of weeks in order to nurse my AT from ich and keep it strong and healthy, i flood the tank with so much food, nori and veggie, hoping that by chance that dude will eat more. i guess i've been lucky so far but u gotta bear a little risk with water quality

bro... with your killer skimmer no problem one lar. Nowadays got a lot of hidden treasure never show out one. Power man.

Now I resort to hanging 3 bunch of pang cai for my tangs else not enough for them to eat man!

• SRC Member

I would suggest blanching the veggies before feeding. :P

This eliminates any remants of pesticides if any and also soften the veggies for easy digestion...IMO... :P

• SRC Member
bro... with your killer skimmer no problem one lar. Nowadays got a lot of hidden treasure never show out one. Power man.

Now I resort to hanging 3 bunch of pang cai for my tangs else not enough for them to eat man!

wah zan bro how to compete with your power skimmer :P not much hidden treasures lah. just some small toys for a big man! :lol:

3 bunches and still not enuff! jialat man. u trying to compete with roidan for Fat-Tang-Of-The-Year!

btw, i did read somewhere that we shd not feed too much lettuce cos they will shit lots of undigested portion but what the heck right, see them eat quite 'song'. dun care much abt the shitting!

yo bro yes they shit a lot of undigested one but the tangs will go eat those undigested ones again. Not too much problem those that get washed into the overflow will end up skimmed out by my skimmer :P

I dun care so much now since I need to pump up my AT. Not for show-off or fattest tang but to ensure it will survive a longer time :P

good food and well balanced diet tend to help ensure the survival of certain species of delicate tangs....

Roidan still has one of the nicest AT ard....WL...got to catch up :P

remember visiting the guy..couldnt take my eyes off it :whistle

the best is dun rely on one type of diet lah...feed a wide range...they should be able to benefit from the wide spectrum of nutrients :P

Yeah my tank feed on diff types meaty food to diff types of vege food den still got pellet

Roidan still has one of the nicest AT ard....WL...got to catch up :P

remeber visiting the guy..couldnt take my eyes off it :whistle

Catch up? Kinda like no chance ah lol..... sian sian.... now I can only hope to get it fat fat that's all. Don't even dream of catch up ah.

The last time I went visiting also cannot take my eyes off all his tangs lol.