Roidan's Reef (III)

roidan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah..still using...

in fact i have been running 2 units for quite awhile...just added a 3rd one recently as *extra insurance* for my tangs.....

but whether really works or not....no one can prove yet...because i have some frens who also run uv at higher wattages than mine, although not coralife brand, but also get white spot on their fishes...

so, not conclusive enough to determine yet...

ich needs a multi-prong approach to manage, UV by itself is not a miracle pill i feel :)

• SRC Member

brother did i read wrongly. you are using 3!!!! how do you conact them anyway? What I mean is that are you drawing water from main tank and pump back into main or from sump to tank or any other way? Please share. Thanks

yeah....at current moment...using 3...

i was thinking, already spend alot of time and money on the system..what is adding a few more uv units to safeguard the fishes, whether really works or not, i also dunno...

2 of them have been drawing water from the sump and return water to the sump...

each has its own eheim 1250 to push water through

the new one which i added recently was hooked to the side of my 2ft tank beside the 6ft tank, as my jewel tang is in it. that one is using sicce idra to push water through it..

so currently i have 36W x 3 = 108W of UV in my system..

don't be surprised if i itchy again go buy the 4th unit of UV to plug in....

no money buy all the big toys like red dragons or bubblekings...so have to be contended with such smaller budget toys lor :lol:

really :yeah::yeah::yeah:

yes.... there are constant stock as Ah pei knows he can move them....I picked up a pink button coral from him just last week...been there for weeks

PIx taken when just placed in tank...a bit stress

post-34-1090163852.jpg

• SRC Member

yes.... there are constant stock as Ah pei knows he can move them....I picked up a pink button coral from him just last week...been there for weeks

PIx taken when just placed in tank...a bit stress

can pm me the estimate price....? sp can agak2 noe how much to save :P:thanks:

do you put any medication for ich in your main tank?

nope bro...

i never like to add chemicals in my tank....

the only so called chemical i add to my tank is the seachem PRIME to get rid of chlorine and chloramine from the tapwater i use to top evaporation..

yeap, i use tapwater, no money to buy RO/DI system :P

• SRC Member

nope bro...

i never like to add chemicals in my tank....

the only so called chemical i add to my tank is the seachem PRIME to get rid of chlorine and chloramine from the tapwater i use to top evaporation..

yeap, i use tapwater, no money to buy RO/DI system :P

If you are looking for DI stuff, I think that guy At Ocean Planet have some DIY stuff. May want to call him and check

yeah...if talking about DI chamber...i have a so called DI chamber from petmart....only use that if i want to change water...but sure can last very long, because so far changed water once only for the main system....

for the small slim tank in my room, i just change water with tapwater treated with seachem prime and add coralife salt...this one i change water about once or twice a month... :)

You newbie? no way...

Im a newbie and it can be seen by the my failure in taking care of my AT..

Excellent specimen... show more pics lah so i can drool over it. Miss the sight of an AT in my tank... sob sob..

compared to many established reefers here, i am a newbie really..

dun worry, i will post more AT pics as it develops its streamers....

i really wonder if the extension on the top tail fin is the beginning of a streamer...

well, time will tell :)