Has anyone keep a Powder Brown successfully

Has anyone keep a Powder Brown successfully which means more than 6 months  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Has anyone keep a Powder Brown successfully which means more than 6 months

• Yes
    • No

Seems like I really have no luck on powder brown.

Buy from CF one also up lorry. I think it is the source, they used cynaide for collection at Indo. The fish can be very active and pecking well. But after reached home I put in my tank and start feeding on mysis then next day sure up lorry.

So I want to check the experience of the rest.

Powder Browns, need a large tank with agressive skimming and very strong currents in the tank.

They need the swimming space, than the agressive skimming and strong currents with make the water high in dissolved oxygen which mimmics the reef edge (before the drop off)where these fish are coming from.

It's useless to keep them without the above.

You also should look for a specimen from Phillipines that I think are better than the Indo specimens.

Seems like I really have no luck on powder brown.

Buy from CF one also up lorry. I think it is the source, they used cynaide for collection at Indo. The fish can be very active and pecking well. But after reached home I put in my tank and start feeding on mysis then next day sure up lorry.

So I want to check the experience of the rest.

Unless you got the white cheek surgeon accidentally mistaken for PBrT, you should have no prob with this rather hardy tang

• SRC Member

Hi Weileong...there is quite a lot of Powder brown in Pacific Reef....small size one.......I had mine for more than a month.....even though kanna white spot like nobody's business.....but still surviving! (keeping my finger cross :fear: )

Hi Weileong...there is quite a lot of Powder brown in Pacific Reef....small size one.......I had mine for more than a month.....even though kanna white spot like nobody's business.....but still surviving! (keeping my finger cross :fear: )

I bought 1 on tues from there, put it in a big container with holes in my main tank to familarise with the previous occupants tangs and start to feed on the same day :P

Yest morning still ok when i left hm for my 24hrs duty till this morning, when I came back today morning up the lorry liao.... :cry2: