Nudibranchs attacking my buttons!

• SRC Member

thanks lin!! =) haha... oh wells... don't wanna go through the hassle of freshwater dip, coz i very scared, buttons die.. haha...

oh well.. current cheap button is doing fine, looking for a good one... so i'm afraid the freshwater dip will kill it... hhehe.. hum4 ji4 la... haha. :D

• SRC Member

oh! and thank you kareen... haha.... we'd all like to share info though... haha.... would def not want to kena nudie, but if i do... wld like to know whether the fish you mentioned will "fix" the problem.. haha... anyone can answer kareen's question?? heehehe.... i'm sure she wants to know... i wanna know too!! hehe :D

• SRC Member
regarding the fish...chances are no...even if they do...they would rather go for your food...so u have to strave them so as to make then go for other food...but like i said...chances are they dont...and also from my knowledge...i dont remember any nudi eating fish...

as i said before...to wait for a fish ( if there is ) to finish the zoos....by then your colony is gone...they eat 10..full liao...2 days later then eat another 10 ..then 2 days later another 10..like that dunno what how long...worst with soooo many nudis

best u do it yourself, pick out those u can...then do a freshwater dip...with the sudden change in salinity...water will move into their body via osmosis and they will die....dip no longer then 5 minutes...put back into the tank...wait for some time...the longer the better...but at least more then an hour lar...then dip again...

do it maybe 1 or 2 more times so as not to stress the zoos too much...there maybe some nudi eggs left...the eggs cannot be destroyed via freshwater dip....so after a few days, dip again to kill all the newly born nudis...continue this way for sometime...shld be able to clear off most

agree with decentkid!! he nudi pro neh.. :lol::lol: usually if tio nudi.. the eggs will hatch in a mth time? corret me if i m wrong.. coz i tio nudi frm the same colony a mth later.. was so panic like mad the 1st time.. :lol:

somebody: u can always refer to older threat on how they had shared and using the right method to do.. i believe decentkid had enlighten u le? :eyebrow:

oh! and thank you kareen... haha.... we'd all like to share info though... haha.... would def not want to kena nudie, but if i do... wld like to know whether the fish you mentioned will "fix" the problem.. haha... anyone can answer kareen's question?? heehehe.... i'm sure she wants to know... i wanna know too!! hehe :D

Hawkfish are known to feed on invertebrates and Copperband are known to be used for the controlling of Aiptasia and Bristleworms. None of the above have been known to feed or even hunt on Nudibranch. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381