survival rate of certain fishes...

HI guys..can i check w you guys on the survival rates of somes fises...

first up...the algae blenny....i kept a at least 3 algae blenny b4 and most cannot survive for more than half a yr....any of you bros have successfully kept the algae blenny for more than half year....

2) the dragonnet...another of the fish that i have no success with despite a 'flavourable conditions..ie...lotsa lr for it to graze on...

:thanks:

• SRC Member

When u say algae blenny, ..... which one? There are several which graze on algae. if you are refering to the Salarias fasciatus (lawnmower blenny), then make sure you have a variety of greens growing in yr tank. Suppliment their diet with other foods too. Also, make sure there are not other agressive blennies or other agressive fish in the tank......

Its possible for a tank to not have enough algae for the lawnmower blenny to graze on.

They rarely eat food off the water column like most other fishes do.

As for the dragonets... as long as there is ample liverock to support a large enough pod population... they should find enough food to survive. That is why they are not recommended for new tanks.

AT