Bad experience at Bio Ocean

Kenny,

I think you better speak Hainanese online I think we can all understand you a bit better! :lol: And could you please explain the abbreviations... eg. BD, SGT, RW... a bit lost myself! :P

I think what Kenny is trying to tell you guys is that Justin apparently quoted the wrong price as he didn't take a look at the latest price list & had to rush off but Kenny is more updated and quoted the correct price to this Mr Angg1971.

We are very curious about his claim that Kenny or Justin did sell him a Copperband at $12 before as they have never sold it more than $4 - 5 all this time.

Mr Ang1971, perhaps did you mis-ided your fish as you are still new to the hobby? Could you take a photo of this fish if it is still alive & well? Did you buy a bannerfish or another kind of rarer butterfly fish instead?

Anyway, it is good to bring this up so Bio-Ocean Aquarix can improve themselves further on their satisfactory customer service (as vouched for by many reefers here).

I would like to meet you in person at the store too so I haven't met you before and would like to understand you a little more as you are so new to SRC (9 posts thus far) and its very rare for a newbie to come across as so critical of a LFS unless... :whistle but that aside... we can always talk reef and I am always more than happy to promote reefkeeping here in SRC or at my store.

AT

hi to all reefer.

im KENNY from BOA.justin is BZ n i have to do THIS reply.so pls you all know my ENGLISH very good one :P so if dont understand pls CALL 64833127.i can speak hainaese to U.

YES this MR have came to our shop on saturday.n justin is bz with a setup.so he told him BD at $3 sgt DF at $1 and red wrasses at $3.n after that justin went to customer place for the setup.so i think MR spend 30min to catch 1 BD, 2 sgt and 1 RW.

after the 30min(i think)i pack the fishes and told him total $13.

BD $5

sgt DF $1x2 $2

RW $6

MR told me justin told him the price as above.i told him justin quote wrong price.n im selling at this price.so yhe end MR took BD at $2 n sgt at $1x2.total $4.

FOR THIS WE BIO OCEAN AQUARIX SAY A BIG SORRY FOR QUOTING YOU THE WRONG PRICE AND WASTED YOUR TIME FOR CATCHING THE RED WRASSSES U WANTED.

FOR THE COPPERBAND WE ARE SELLING AT $4 EACH.MAYBE THE FISH MR BOUGHT IS MOORISH IDOL OR B/W BANNER.THAT TWO TYPE WE ARE SELLING AT $10-$!2.

SOMETIME ME AND JUSTIN ALSO TAKE PPL HEAD AND chop. :lol: BUT COPPERBAND AT $12 ???????WHO WILL BUY.MOST OF THE CUSTOMER IN MY SHOP CAN SAY ALL old ghost.mhhhhhhhhh??????????

thks alot for reading.PLS call after 12noon if DONT UNDER STAND.

Good nite Kenny... :D

OKie... here's the abbreviations, folks:

BD = Blue Devil Damsel

SGT DF= Sergeant Major Damsel fish

RW = Red Wrasse

:P

Mr Anng1971, I didn't know that you and wife took half an hour to catch the 4 fishes out. I think Justin or Kenny would normally offer their services to help fish out in less than 10 seconds... and that would help ensure that your $4 of livestock would reach your new home a little happier & less stressed out.

Rest assured that our prices are comparable with many LFS around and different livestocks are priced differently depending on our suppliers, collection methods and locality. We also take ample time to acclimatize and quarantine our fishes so we cannot price our livestock extremely cheap to your expectations as our overheads are not exactly cheap either.

Different businesses operate differently and we do not intend to be like the cheapest megamart in Singapore nor some overpriced boutique but instead hope to give an even better & wider choices in livestock at reasonable prices very soon as we expand our facilities & sources.

As mentioned by Kenny, we are indeed sorry to have caused you so much grief & disappointment and hope that IF you do intend to drop by our store again, we'll try to make it up to you. :)

AT on behalf of Bio-Ocean Aquarix.

hahahha... I see!!! coffee... sure... next time I go down Bio Ocean can go lim Kopi... eh you everytime there can give regular stock update? Do they have sailfins there? looking for one about 3inch ++??

thought I saw a huge sailfin in the display tank! kekeke.... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

The point is after you quoted a price, you should honour it. It is not as if I am purchasing a AT or Purple Tang for $3.

Maybe Justin or Kenny can comment.

I am not out to flame anyone..just stating my view.

It is good that other reefer find them to be good and reliable, at least it shows that they are concern about their customers.

For me, I am just not going back. I will continue to buy my equipment from Aqua Star and my Lifestocks from the LFS in Chong Pang market, LCK110, CF and Hong Leong Garden. Once a while reborn, but I don't like the lifestocks there as well.

All the best to Kenny and Justin

As explained... its an honest mistake and a miscommunication between the two of them... I think its only a few dollars difference right?

If it upsets you so much, I'll personally refund you that $3 for the misquoted Red Wrasse. And I'll still be happy to give you advice that will save you more than $3... :)

I always believe that money shouldn't be made from intentionally teaching newbies bad mistakes/bad advice so my advice is not meant for you to 'lose' money... but to 'gain'.

If we have the time, we will give you advice for free.... what's this $3? :erm:

AT

• SRC Member

yes, i agree, where can u get a good advise for free. i sometimes bought fish at this hougang green lfs, eventhough the price is a bit high, i still got some advise for free, that at least can cover the price.

Hey you guyz, I am another newbie and have read all the comments with interest. I am a Singaporean "Ang Mo", and believe that this topic should now be closed as the matter seems to be have become very personal. Further comments will not add any value to anybody and AT has done more than most would to make amends for what was no more than a misunderstanding.

I have been to quite a few LFS/fishfarms (never Bio Ocean as I couldnt find it) and use my own judgement as to whether I would buy or not buy. Misunderstandings can and do happen in all walks of life, and personalities sometimes do affect the way we react. But please let us not use this platform to bad mouth each other. Life is too short....

Tony/Holland V. :look:

Hey you guyz, I am another newbie and have read all the comments with interest. I am a Singaporean "Ang Mo", and believe that this topic should now be closed as the matter seems to be have become very personal. Further comments will not add any value to anybody and AT has done more than most would to make amends for what was no more than a misunderstanding.

I have been to quite a few LFS/fishfarms (never Bio Ocean as I couldnt find it) and use my own judgement as to whether I would buy or not buy. Misunderstandings can and do happen in all walks of life, and personalities sometimes do affect the way we react. But please let us not use this platform to bad mouth each other. Life is too short....

Tony/Holland V. :look:

I truley ,deeply agree with u .. :) Life is too short and this incident do happen in our daily walks of life.. :peace: BTW, this shop really gives good advice to newbiees like me before when i started and it built up my foundation of marine knowleadge a lot.. Do you need the address?? Check this out.. BIO-OCEAN address Hope this helps..happy reefing..

Regards:edwan :peace:

• SRC Member
:D

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Sometime the shop does have a few customer n stuffs may get confused. I point out nicely on the spot, AT gladly refund me the money.

One of the few LFS I will go for stuffs. :)

Was one of the few times that I helped to serve BOA customers and didn't take the correct change out from the register... hahaha.... gabrraa.... :lol: