AP's Cube

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I think I have 3 of them in my tank. one is 3/4 feet long!!! moves very fast! faster than I expect... cannot catch... now seldom see already... And I also found the den of my pistol shrimp... dunno where it came from... haha very cute...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
I think I have 3 of them in my tank. one is 3/4 feet long!!! moves very fast! faster than I expect... cannot catch... now seldom see already... And I also found the den of my pistol shrimp... dunno where it came from... haha very cute...

cannot catch ah bro.Raymond? Wha liao....so long meh? :o

I changed water today then suddenly this fella came out.....maybe kenna flush out.

you didn't know your pistol shrimp digs a den or you didn't know you had a pistol shrimp? :blink:

• SRC Member
today found this idiot crawling out from one of my LR.... :angry:

quickly took the pincers to catch it...luckily very slow...... :lol:

I think there are more inside....did you 'killed' them when you first got your LR?

I soak my LR in very salty and high ammonia (bec many stuff died and rot inside) water for 3 days plus....and I siphon out almost a pail full of them! YET i still see some in my tank! :angry:

• SRC Member

didn't know I had a pistol shrimp :P

hard to catch... I tried to catch it ussing surgical tweezers but before I could squeeze down on it, the worms would have alreadyretreated into their holes... sad...

you got a really nice closed brain.... NICE!! NICE!! i just can't stop saying it... NICE!

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

I think there are more inside....did you 'killed' them when you first got your LR?

I soak my LR in very salty and high ammonia (bec many stuff died and rot inside) water for 3 days plus....and I siphon out almost a pail full of them! YET i still see some in my tank! :angry:

actually left my LR out to dry and most came crawling out but I guess theres more like you said. During cycling alot died though but guess these were one of the tougher ones around.... :(

• SRC Member
didn't know I had a pistol shrimp :P

hard to catch... I tried to catch it ussing surgical tweezers but before I could squeeze down on it, the worms would have alreadyretreated into their holes... sad...

you got a really nice closed brain.... NICE!! NICE!! i just can't stop saying it... NICE!

thanks bro.Raymond...I was attracted to this particular piece and to tell you the truth it was rotting from the back due to the poor condition it was handled or kept in....but noticed the bare section is being occupied by the new growth now.... :D

• SRC Member

anyway they are not proven to be harmful what... dun think they will kill fishes. I have 2 firegobies and 1 yellow watchman surviving well.. the bristleworms not predatory I think. just a defense mechanism...

Live and Let Live