AP's Cube

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't the wild ones protected? Basically everything in the sea is being cultivated to meet demands in this hobby worldwide in order to not deplete the actual source.

would one be able to tell the difference if it's an "Ultra"? I think I would pay for something like that and I believe there is more then just one person in this hobby thats willing to fork out that amount for it..... ;) Persuade your best to that someone.... ;)

Hmm.... actually there is quite a few differences between the aquacultured one and the pohnpei kind..... Yup there would definately be a certain amt of crazy guys for example me who will fork out for these clams...... But the number is just not enough as to bring in a ultra clam shipment, the lfs owner have to bring in a very large amt of clam(200-300 if i not wrong) not like those small shipment that arrive at farm or certain lfs occasionally and the price is not cheap too thus tat really prevent us from seeing the ULTRAS and also the lfs to ship in this clams.....

hmm i will definately try my best...... I am looking for these clam high and low :lol::lol::lol: and he told me he will definately ship the ultras if he got the source(actually i am trying to help him look for source too :lol::lol::lol: ) On the whole, the reason that a few lfs owner gave me was market not big enough to have a huge clam shipment to be brought in......

Anyway the story is long and if you want to know, talk through pm is better ;););)

saw a nice table acro and quite a size but kenna reserve.

hiak.. everytime good stuffs always get reserved one. Damn jiat lat man... seems like we just don't have the good lobang. Only got lobang for cheap brown out, bleached an RTNed ones.

These have the tendency to turn brown when first introduced into tanks..

This means your system and parameter are not good enough. Poor lighting acclimatisation and current also causing stress to the SPS. So end up chocolate sticks ah.

Certain acros esp those with thicker branches come from areas with higher water movement. If you place them in an area with insufficient current they might still brown up even if water conditions and lighting are top notch. :peace:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

hiak.. everytime good stuffs always get reserved one. Damn jiat lat man... seems like we just don't have the good lobang. Only got lobang for cheap brown out, bleached an RTNed ones.

This means your system and parameter are not good enough. Poor lighting acclimatisation and current also causing stress to the SPS. So end up chocolate sticks ah.

that means the SPS from where it came from...when first purchased has not been kept in good water parameters and conditions.... :P

• SRC Member

thats why when moment stock arrive must wait outside LFS....like waiting for big American star to come down.....otherwise have to be satisfied with bollywood star... :lol:

thats why when moment stock arrive must wait outside LFS....like waiting for big American star to come down.....otherwise have to be satisfied with bollywood star... 

You strike 4D already. Not only must you be there at the very first sec when the SPS are ready for sale. You must be the fastest hands to grab the unique and better colored ones too.

But the down side of being so kan cheong is running the risk of getting a colony that RTN later in the your tank :angry::angry::angry:

too early to judge or comment on the sps.

Give it time and enjoy...when they grow and colour up better than the original introduced color...you'll be excited.... ;)

it is also a joy to see SPS recovers... ;)

• SRC Member

You strike 4D already. Not only must you be there at the very first sec when the SPS are ready for sale. You must be the fastest hands to grab the unique and better colored ones too.

But the down side of being so kan cheong is running the risk of getting a colony that RTN later in the your tank :angry::angry::angry:

ah even pick good one also can RTN later meh? But if water parameters , lighting calcium level are good would have a chance of recovering right?..... :blink:

Chi....4-D no luck sia.....must keep the faith then can open own LFS and everyday can chiong.... :lol:

• SRC Member
too early to judge or comment on the sps.

Give it time and enjoy...when they grow and colour up better than the original introduced color...you'll be excited.... ;)

it is also a joy to see SPS recovers... ;)

yeah hor....I think thats the excitement about getting brown out ones and then watching them recover.... :D

ah even pick good one also can RTN later meh? But if water parameters , lighting calcium level are good would have a chance of recovering right?..... :blink:

If the SPS kanna stress during shipment then high chances of kanna RTN ah.... if you super suay end up whole colony RTN and worst wait spread to your existing one. End up not even chocolate sticks, you have free ARM for your CR liao lol.