AP's Cube

• SRC Member

Looks very neat, good lights, can't wait to see you stock up, plenty of room for new livestock. If you go for SPS don't buy Lobophytum ( a species of Finger coral), can kill SPS without touching, very toxic, and also not to place meat coral (cynarina lacrymalis) near mushroom anemones (actinodiscus/discosoma), can kill the meat coral in matter of days, so watch your corals compatiblity.

Look forward to see more pics.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Looks very neat, good lights, can't wait to see you stock up, plenty of room for new livestock. If you go for SPS don't buy Lobophytum ( a species of Finger coral), can kill SPS without touching, very toxic, and also not to place meat coral (cynarina lacrymalis) near mushroom anemones (actinodiscus/discosoma), can kill the meat coral in matter of days, so watch your corals compatiblity.

Look forward to see more pics.

:thanks: Marineman.....will watch out for that particular species....didn't know that..... :o Wow must be really toxic then....appreciate the tips on that one. Will certainly post more pics on my SPS once I stock up..... :D

:shock::shock: WOW :shock::shock:

The light is amazing... Lolz... Sis can help me get a quotation for a 3ft tank with a 1ft sump compartment... Hehe... Upgrading liao... Might go shopping for liverock next few weekends... Lolz...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
:shock::shock: WOW :shock::shock:

The light is amazing... Lolz... Sis can help me get a quotation for a 3ft tank with a 1ft sump compartment... Hehe... Upgrading liao... Might go shopping for liverock next few weekends... Lolz...

:thanks: bro.Terryz.......will get a quote for you together with bro.bubble..... :D

Congrats on your upgrading man.... :bow: maybe can follow you choose LR when you're going...... :D

• SRC Member

Wow...cant wait to see your secret weapon. :)

Just receive my beckett today. No pump to run it. :(

No worries lah. 16 hours use electricity. 8 hours I use dynamo to drive. I have a lot fats to burn. :lol:

• SRC Member

he..he...alot of fat to burn ah bro.dradttg?..... :lol: must be happy go lucky until prosperous...... :lol:

went to switch of my True Acthinic Award Winning Blue Light :P (which i was told)....and...then suddenly saw a mini spawning going on..... :shock: don't know from who liao....but I just changed water yesterday already.... <_< very sian like that.....don't know who is the culprit did hank panky earlier on...... :lol:

• SRC Member

:thanks: nuxt.....yes it's able to cover the whole tank and I am glad I didn't listen to having 4 X 250w for every corner..... <_<

One thing I learned is that your overflow area should not be lit up by any chance because of unsightly algae that will finally take over from there..... ;)

Hmm....if i m not wrong. AT's tank width is not as wide as urs and morever he is using the spider reflector which has more width coverage than urs and yet he has to use 2 set behd and 2 set infront. U sure ur new lightin is enough to provide good coverage from back to front?

Of coz hanging higher will provide light to most part of the tank but the higher it goes mean losin intensity especially areas not directly under the MH. If i were u, i would reckon another set of lightin since u r going into sps. U wun wanna compromise rite? Nicely colored one at the back, choc stick in front. Very unslightly leh. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

maybe supplement with ATI T5s...quite possible ...?? I think scarab supplement his MH with T5s....me on the way of fixing that up too...but not for coverage but to run MH for 6hours...then let the T5s run for 6 hrs overlapping.....see can get interesting colours from the acros..

• SRC Member

Yah...wat i reckon r juz suggestion. Now..once after u have stocked up with sps, must invite us over to ur place every now and then so tat we can have a small gatherin, admire ur tank, help u clear ur beer, hooch......and at the same time document the growth and coloration of ur sps under ur new light tat u have waited until neck also long :P

Mayb weilong can bring his bazooka to take some zoom in shot. :yeah:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

btw...guys ....dun get carried away with the light....whether acros colour up nicely not only depends on light coverage...there are many things to consider too...getting prime water condition is also necessary....

• SRC Member

No prob....with AP's experience and good husbandary. I believe her tank condition is as good as those water found in Fiji. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• SRC Member
another pic from afar..... ;) fan on your left to circulate air around the tank and for me also when doing maintenance...... :lol:

Sis AP,

Congratulations...your tank looks fantastic. In my opinion, since your setup looks so natural, I think you should hide the chiller controller, the Tunze controller in the cabinet. So there is no wiring outside.....looks even better.

• SRC Member

Hmm....if i m not wrong. AT's tank width is not as wide as urs and morever he is using the spider reflector which has more width coverage than urs and yet he has to use 2 set behd and 2 set infront. U sure ur new lightin is enough to provide good coverage from back to front?

Of coz hanging higher will provide light to most part of the tank but the higher it goes mean losin intensity especially areas not directly under the MH. If i were u, i would reckon another set of lightin since u r going into sps. U wun wanna compromise rite? Nicely colored one at the back, choc stick in front. Very unslightly leh. ;)

from the picture it's very hard to see leh and besides another set would be overdoing it too much. Don't want my overflow to be lighted up by any chance...... :D

• SRC Member
AT is using 4x400W and somemore his tank width is only 3ft if I am not wrong :P

But I am sure you should follow what you believe in and continue to use your 2x250W. Go for it sis, believe in yourself rather than what the rest has to say. Show us your colorful SPS

AT is using 4 X 400W.... :o wow thats way too much liao.....besides I don't want a total covered SPS tank though as it would be too boring..... :D

• SRC Member
Yah...wat i reckon r juz suggestion. Now..once after u have stocked up with sps, must invite us over to ur place every now and then so tat we can have a small gatherin, admire ur tank, help u clear ur beer, hooch......and at the same time document the growth and coloration of ur sps under ur new light tat u have waited until neck also long :P

Mayb weilong can bring his bazooka to take some zoom in shot. :yeah:

can...can saw the bar right...... :lol: got chicken wing somemore....*slurp*...... :lol:

• SRC Member

Sis AP,

Congratulations...your tank looks fantastic. In my opinion, since your setup looks so natural, I think you should hide the chiller controller, the Tunze controller in the cabinet. So there is no wiring outside.....looks even better.

:thanks: bro.Patrick but still got somemore toys to be installed in there...... :lol:

so need to see wether got space liao..... :P