AP's Cube

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

u got urs from iwarna right? got a similar piece from there also... but I think that particular shipment not that good.. buy liao next day die... few other ppl also same case :(

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
u got urs from iwarna right? got a similar piece from there also... but I think that particular shipment not that good.. buy liao next day die... few other ppl also same case :(

er bought mine from different place liao....but I think kenna shock with the 250 W either that or it's been kept in poor conditions in the LFS. Looks a bit stressed out...I think my tank conditions are devoid of nutrients since I got the SPS..... :P

Ah the one from there next day died ar?.... :blink: Aiyoh so chiak lat..... :( wasted money liao..... <_<

• SRC Member

ok....lately there has been some noise coming from my Artica chiller and recently wrote this morning to Aquanautics regarding this problem....Gary's response was quick and within a few minutes arranged to do a replacement the same day for me.

seems this shipment of artica chillers have some manufacturing disabilities... :unsure:

• SRC Member
AP, can give more details regarding the noise?

Didn't notice any noise on my artica :P

sure...first there was a hunmming noise but that was slight so didn't pay attention to it .... then I was told that my floor might be unlevel , so I got that rectified but turned out it became even worse with now the sound of a huge fan like it's been out of place or loose , a churning sound. Had to place a stone ontop to keep it quite....muwahahaha...looks ugly! <_<

For some reason the sound gradually grew and was told that this batch of shipment was faulty..... :(

• SRC Member

alright all settle now...yesterday evening did the necessary changes to that churning sound.....didn't know someone else had the same problem too like mine wonder who was that...he..he

was also told someone bought an under powered 1/2 hp Artica chiller without calculating the source of his MH....as the result the chiller wouldn't stop running.

post-34-1088562956.jpg

• SRC Member
AP, did they change the chiller so just swapped out some components like the fan etc etc?

underpowered 1/2hp artica  chiller? how big is his tank? and maybe running 2 million watts of MH issit? hehehe

he..he...I dunno who was that though...too much MH versus 1/2 hp....maybe not in SRC liao as we're all very well versed with the claculations.... ;)

The problem recitified was due to the fan and at seems the brown coil (on your left) was toucing the cover hood of the chiller which gave it a churning noise like a helicopter due to the vibration....muwhahahahaha.... :P Didn't need to replace the chiller phew! :whistle

I can't believe the difference of noise that has been reduced.....simply alot quieter now....wow , i am extremely happy with this chiller.... :rolleyes:

comes on for 10 min. and starts again after 1/2 hour or so

Temperature is maitained at 26 C

post-34-1088564626.jpg

• SRC Member
Does it improve the cooling performance with the swap out of the components?

Also, issit quieter than even the initial sounds the chiller makes without the churning?

bro.Alpha...after Gary of Aquanautics changed the fan....I can't believe how quiet it has become.... :shock: I was ashamed earlier on regarding the humming noise it use to produced because the ARTICA was said to be the quietest and now I believe what they say...super quiet and I don't even know when it starts and goes off....I lurve this chiller and I am happy with the purchase.... :yeah:

cooling wise I notice it takes longer for it to come on then before theres an extra 15mins to the extension time since the change yesterday.... ;)

• SRC Member

Guess the person is me. I got my chiller fan replaced too.. Was making so much noise I worried my neighbour will come knock at my door. But indoor, I can't hear a thing becoz chiller sitting at the aircon ledge :P

• SRC Member
Guess the person is me.  I got my chiller fan replaced too..  Was making so much noise I worried my neighbour will come knock at my door.  But indoor, I can't hear a thing becoz chiller sitting at the aircon ledge :P

oh you also ah Hon? He...he..

the sound damn loud sia....cannot tahan... :lol:

cannot stand anymore called Gary yesterday , was terrified my chiller would come apart any moment....any improvement in the cooling system like I experienced on mine? It's taking longer for it to come on now.

If I knew about this chiller earlier on , I also put it on air-con ledge before I do my renovations.... :P

• SRC Member

Alfa,

I don't think I have the condensation problem now, but then it's sitting outdoor now. The condensation might get dried up faster than it can produce?

• SRC Member
Oh yeah, Hon, the condensation issue that i was experiencing is due to insufficient flowrate... i changed my piping to 25mm and the condensation no longer occurs and improved the cooling performance substantially.

by the way what is the flowrate of the ph you guys usings for the Artica ah? Piping must be 25mm meh? must go back and check mine liao..