AP's Cube

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

bro Patrick ,

I do a 20% waterchange every week from my RO/DI unit but if I have time I do twice a week...... :D My source of tap water from where I stay has very slicate.... :( while waiting for my RO/DI cartridges to arrive after the old ones had been exhausted...there was a growth of diatoms bloom. So once when the cartridge of an RO/DI is Exhausted never try and use it again. Tap water straight from the tap is a definite no - no for me. I also add prime about 10ml each time I do a water change and add a full syringe of live nitrifiying bacteria as well from a turkey blaster.

Currently I am using Coralife Salt Mix but it's on the 39th list of a survey done on slat mixes. So intend to change after the the current bag finishes. :D

Wow...20% of waterchange every week for the size of your tank is a lot of salt water. :blink::blink: If I'm not wrong, your tank is close to 1000L. So 20% is 200L of water per week. Where do you store your water before the change?

I'm thinking of investing in a RO/DI too, any recommendation? BTW, what do you do with the waste water reject from the RO?

So Coralife is 39th huh? Where do you find this list? What about Tropic Marine? That's what I'm using right now.

Cheers,

Patrick

edmund also got SPS liao..?

haha..

must really go his place to "happy" at GL.. lol

wife thought why I always like to patronise GL these days..

other than the sleazy snookerium I used to frequent there.

• SRC Member

Wow...20% of waterchange every week for the size of your tank is a lot of salt water. :blink::blink: If I'm not wrong, your tank is close to 1000L. So 20% is 200L of water per week. Where do you store your water before the change?

I'm thinking of investing in a RO/DI too, any recommendation? BTW, what do you do with the waste water reject from the RO?

So Coralife is 39th huh? Where do you find this list? What about Tropic Marine? That's what I'm using right now.

Cheers,

Patrick

he..he...minus the LR , sandbed it's about 1000lits in a bare tank but I should say it's about 800lits with everything in.... ;) My bedroom looks like a storeroom since my bar took up the store rooms place... :lol: I keep some of the water there in decanters. It's a bit tiresome but I simply enjoy changing water..... :lol:

I'm using the Kent version of RO/DI the Maxxima and it's serving me well so far...got it in January. I think bro Alpha is using one too... ;)

As for the waste water I keep it to mop my floor or wash my bathroom.

I think Tropic Marine is alot higher but I can't remember which spot. The list are usually at our LFS pasted on the wall....so next time if you're at any of the shops just ask them where they paste that list...he..he

GoodDay Mate

AP

• SRC Member
edmund also got SPS liao..?

haha..

must really go his place to "happy" at GL.. lol

wife thought why I always like to patronise GL these days..

other than the sleazy snookerium I used to frequent there.

I also dunno liao then that weekend saw some pieces left faster grab the best one...he...he

Now must tell wifey got good reason go GL to chiong and not because of the sleazy snooker joints... :lol:

• SRC Member

The Maxxima Hi-S removes 99.9% of silica from your tap water which causes those diatom blooms. Rejection rate will vary depending on exact chemistry , temperature , pressure and TDS of the water supply in your area. If your "Total Dissolve Solids" are low the unit will produce more water but if it's high it's less.

• SRC Member

haha... 6th day in 3 days...

anyway AT should give another type of warning. there's the "tick tock" for non-descriptive thread. there should be a "6th day violation" warning for this... hahaha

Live and Let Live