AP's Cube

Ya switch your PO4 and NO3 to salifert, I think much more accurate.

This was my tank's NO3 reading back in Jan. This showing in high resolution mode so all reading have to divide by 10. You see the increment is from 0 to 0.1 then 0.2, 0.5, 1ppm (under high res mode)

So If you really get a clear color reading then you're sure it is actually 0ppm. As opposed to having the scales at 0 then the next one 12.5 so if you get a clear color it can fall somewhere between 0 and 12.5ppm.

post-34-1074651918.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find the actual difference between low res and high res in the red sea webite. Actually what's the difference? They have it in the instuction.

For example of the salifert you have to look at the bottom from the sides for high res and divide the reading off the color chart by 10.

For low res you look at it from the top and take the reading off the color chart

• SRC Member
I can't find the actual difference between low res and high res in the red sea webite. Actually what's the difference? They have it in the instuction.

For example of the salifert you have to look at the bottom from the sides for high res and divide the reading by 10.

For low res you look at it from the top.

For the RedSea they recommend that you look 20cm away from the top for low res in the instructions but need to check if theres a mention for high res in the instructions.

Hmm.... I think maybe for red sea low res you have to look from the sides and high res you have to look from the top?

Cos for high res looking from the top see thru more sample so you can see the color easily whereas looking from the side see thru less color so lower res.

I am getting confused already. Need to see the instructions lol.

• SRC Member
Hmm.... I think maybe for red sea low res you have to look from the sides and high res you have to look from the top?

Cos for high res looking from the top see thru more sample so you can see the color easily whereas looking from the side see thru less color so lower res.

I am getting confused already. Need to see the instructions lol.

to me it looks all the same from all sides even the top....I must go back and read the instructions again :upsidedown: ...... :lol:

• SRC Member

WOW... COngrats AP... 0 ppm... nice... Can't wait to see Fully Stocked SPS tank... your bubble and brain damn nice leh!! especially your bubble... looking for one like that.

Live and Let Live