weileong's 2ft cube FOWLR

weileong

• SRC Member
This thing cannot that thing cannot like SPS pple also recommend keep after 1 yr. End up different lar :P

I got Cpt Chao inside, dun worry.

ok..roger.....

my first war zone over.....and intruder won the battle!

my YT came out of hiding place after 5-6 days, and has conquered the battle ground...my PT is now kanna chased left, right, center by the YT....hahaha!

will try powder series next.....saw many type yesterday.... blue, brown, black, grey, and AT...dunno who should go in first!

;) still thinking hard! :evil:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
If your tank is stable enuff then let in AT go in first so it can be the king.

Your PBT still ard?

That PBT gone leow the next day..... :(

but heng the white ich didn't spread to other fish....that's why didn't try the powder series, and go for a YT (which should be more hardy) and a clown tang instead.....

now got a few anthias inside, and a Moorish Idol inside...will stop all buying for 2 weeks first, and monitor tank situation before starting the powder series... :P

btw...just now the skimmer gone hay-wired! overflow my 2litre collection container with water and flood the floor...lucky I'm around...still dunno wat happened! :angry:

• SRC Member

Wow bro, You got quite a collection of Tangs! Envy Envy... Me still nursing the AT back from ICh outbreak when just introduced into the tank. Been nearly 2 weeks but still got ICH.. sob sob..

As long as its actively swimming and pecking at the LR and also the red bam boo, should be ok rite?

Doesnt take food that i serve the rest of the fishes tho... :(

Bro.... your AT from the recent shipment one right?

My AT with me for more than 2 months and still have one or two dots of ich on it's body. It's very selective of food. Only takes bit sized Nori nothing else. The other time almost got it onto mysis. Will try again soon when my tank settle down. This guy even wack the sohal which is twice it's size until the sohal goes into hiding.

You can try cutting the nori into 1mm sq sizes then flood the whole tank with it and see if it'll eat.

If only my AT takes pellets then I assure you it will get as fat as my BT and foxface soon :P

Like you said as long as it's swimming actively and pecking on LR (provide your LR has sufficient algae to support it) then it should do well. Same goes for the rest of the tang :P

• SRC Member

Yup, my AT from the latest shipment. Decided to take the plunge and see how it goes.

The AT is very 'sporty' and can swim circles around the rest of the tangs.. hehehe.. and its favourite past-time is to play amoung the surges created by the tunzes... it can continue doing that for hours on end.. is it normal?

• SRC Member
Yup, my AT from the latest shipment. Decided to take the plunge and see how it goes.

The AT is very 'sporty' and can swim circles around the rest of the tangs.. hehehe.. and its favourite past-time is to play amoung the surges created by the tunzes... it can continue doing that for hours on end.. is it normal?

like training laps :P

Great choice, I would have got one from this shipment if I don't already had mine. At least these shipment had the larger ones with larger teardrop. The teardrop on mine is so miserable lol.

Mine does that too, swimming in circles around other tangs? Sounds like waging warfare :P What did the other tangs do? Open the fins too right?

BTW I am no tang experts hor.... just find that every fish got their own characters so as long as you see them poo everyday then should be fine cos means eating. Too sick fish won't eat right?

• SRC Member

Not warfare... it doesnt cirlce the tangs with fins extended.. it just zooms past them and watch them eat its 'dust' hehehe like a Ferrari versus a Vicky on the highway... hehehe

Does your AT play amoung the stream's surges and currents?

bubblegum , u got an AT that does dat too?

• SRC Member
Not warfare... it doesnt cirlce the tangs with fins extended.. it just zooms past them and watch them eat its 'dust' hehehe like a Ferrari versus a Vicky on the highway... hehehe

Does your AT play amoung the stream's surges and currents?

bubblegum , u got an AT that does dat too?

me? an AT? r u kidding? :blink:

the biggest tank i haf is a 3ft FOWLR :paiseh: and u know how big the acanthurus sp. grows..... ;)

• SRC Member

bro Alfa,

i also recently got my AT from *ahem*

it's rarely ventures to the upper half of the tank where my streams are located. mine doesn't chiong here and there but gracefully swimming ard and pecking.

when lights out, it does quarrel with YT aggressively during the initial couple of days. now mellowed down liao

like all of u, it's a blardy fussy eater. however, i'm glad that after 2 days, it begun pecking and eating from my veggie station so at least not so worrysome. now waiting to see it's shit to verify it's completely working system!!! :lol:

it's belly sunk in after 2nd day but now slowly recovering i guess.

it's a big beautiful fella to watch. ;) praying for it's good health!

• SRC Member

For my AT, it spends half the day chiong here and there and play amoung the streams... then when it is exhausted, it will go to the rocks area and start pecking on the LR and the Red bamboo for a while. After it recharges , it will go up to the turbulent area and choing again... heheheheeh