weileong's 2ft cube FOWLR

weileong

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not hard...but mostly we failed to give them proper food and diet.....they are not as greedy and feed readily like tangs....give them a reef tank...they should FEED well :evil:

The equipment used are

150W MH with 20,000K DE iwasaki.

A Hailea 6530 is used as "close loop" for water circulation.

Return pump is ehiem 1260 pumping water from the sump.

This tank shares the sump with my 4ft reef tank. So chiller, skimmer etc are common.

Return pump pumps water thru a coralife 12x turbo twist UV sterlizier.

For a start, I will keep some softies in the tank so the butterfly can feed on them while I try to get them to get prepared food :P

yup...pipes look a bit scary :lol::lol::lol:

The black pipes are to split the return water so it can cover those dead corners. As for the green one it is temporary solution cos I am using the hailea 6530 as "close loop", sure looks like a tunze is not a good solution. Need some better looking ones than the current solution.

Aren't bare bottom the best solution for FOWLR ?

Here's the fishes I have so far in the FOWLR.

Naso tang.

post-34-1086247800.jpg

one day it will look better than this...but minimum 6ft tank...... :lol:

yours is still a juv.....mine is a teenager liaoz...check out the orange yellow spine ;)

post-34-1086531640.jpg

these mushies comes with the LR one :P No good for my SPS tank, need to get rid of them. I let the butterfly do their job. Isn't this a good way to make sure they will survive in my tank heheh :P

Bro Deepblue my Naso is only 2.5" from head to toe, very small, no choice with small tank but my FOWLR will be a much bigger one when I relocate.

Here's a small pc of green bubble tip anemone I picked up from Iwana today. Cheap cheap, liveaquaria says to tempt the butterfly with a small pc of anemone so I gave it a try. A little bleached and I wonder if I can nurse it back to health if the butterfly don't turn it into supper.

post-34-1086532499.jpg