Quick Dry Silicon??

ryz

• SRC Member

Need to get quick dry silicon urgently as I need to extend the sump divider... can't afford to leave sump not operational for one day... Do any of you know if hardware stores sells quick dry silicon??? Or do their silicon also need one day to set??? I already draw out water from sump liao... but realised I got the slow drying silicon... Anyone please help... need to get quick dry silicon now!!!

Live and Let Live

If you're really desperate and do not mind an ugly looking sump, you can have a permanent partition fixed within an hour with underwater epoxy. ;)

• SRC Member

It is much safer to leave it for at least one day.

The 2 part epoxy can be applied underwater and it starts to dry after 20 mins and will be completely dried up in over an hour.

The only bad part is that your water may turn slightly whitish for a while.

• SRC Member

hmmm... already did it... add water liao also... anyway I only extended the sump divider... the extension is at the top so there shouldn't be much pressure exerted upon it... :D

Live and Let Live