Thinking of downgrading

JL27AY

Hi guys,

Have been thinking lately of the above. As i am going to leave for my studies soon, would be selling most of my stuff but couldnt bare to lose my clowns and bubbles. Therefore might be setting up a cube to keep them ( Or should i say my bro and galfren will help keep them). So before i decide, got some questions to ask.

1. First, the TANK !!! Where can i get someone to custom build the tank (Any recomendations??)

2. IF i reuse the life rocks and water and sand do i have to cycle again? If needed, how long?

3. I realised that by chging to a small vol of water, does it mean it is easier to maintain? Whats the Pro and Cons of having a smaller tank compared to a larger one.

So far my main concerns are as above.. Hope someone can advise (esp those with a 2 ft cubes)

Tks

JL

although you don't need to go through the bulk of cycling, you'll still need to make sure that the tank is stable before addition of lifestocks can take place.

I always use the analogy of moving into a new house. imagine when you move to a new house, you have to acclimatise to get use to the new position of the light switches, how the doors are placed, where the kitchen cutlery are placed. so on and so forth. the same for your fish tank. parameters need to be in good shape before addition of lifestock can be added in.

if I sound like a broken recorder repeating myself, pardon me then. just sharing my opinion with you. :P

Hmm.. gona list the equipments i have and see if i can reuse them...

Tank = 2 cube with IOS and sump + cabinent (can someone recomend mi a tank maker)

Lighting = (AZOO 2 x 150 MH ) Maybe gona chg to T5?

(how many tubes for LPS and clams)

Skimmer = aquamedic mulit sl (gona reuse i guess)

Chiller = .5 hp RR chiller

PH and stuff = tunze 6060 and 2 x maxjet 1200 (GUess the tunze will be too powerful rite?)

Possibly geting a tubby to aid in topping up of water too

Anyone with 2 ft cubes and comment on the setup? OR can i arrange to view ur tank one day ??

Tks

JL