Daeil Chillers

blur one

Saw this brand of chillers...was told that its the same manufacturer as artica and the chillers are the same internally also. Much cheaper.....though....

Anyone got experience with this ?? Was thinking of changing my current chiller to artica but too expensive so was recommended this Daeil brand....

Any comments would be appreciated.

• SRC Member

Heard that the cut in/out is only 0.3 degree?

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member
Heard that the cut in/out is only 0.3 degree?

Geez..that I dunno, no tested it before. I using IKS to control, its cut in/out is only 0.2 deg :P. Let other users tell us the hytersis of the chiller controller.

Geez..that I dunno, no tested it before. I using IKS to control, its cut in/out is only 0.2 deg :P. Let other users tell us the hytersis of the chiller controller.

bro scarab, care to comment? :P

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

bro,

i am using it. it is a original korean product and Artica copied it not oem it, for their market. the only modification is the logo and marketing.

split partnership issue.

when u set temp to 25.5deg,

1) temp of tank reaches 25.9deg, chiller starts cooling

2) temp reaches 25.2deg, chiller stops.

shud be very clear already.

advantages over other brands,

efficient, cost, design, quiet.

buy it bro.

• SRC Member

Hi,

Thks for the info, any particular websites for more detail spec?

Thanks again

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

Aquatronica controller

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member

Bought the bigger version of the Daeil Chiller the Sun-cool series. Picture of it can be found in the link to my Reef Tank on my signature below.

This chiller is quiet and efficient. The cut in/out is 0.8 C that is +/- 0.4 C. Cooling efficiency is very high compared to my old chiller. The chiller is placed outside on my balcony about 3m or 10 feet from my tank. I'm using an Eheim 1262 dedicated to running the chiller. When running my lights at full (total about 860 watts) it takes about 45 to 50 minutes to cool the 0.8 degrees. Then it will kick in after 30 minutes. This will depends a lot on how much lighting is on your tank, what pump you using and how you run the cool water back to your tank. Without light cooling down takes 20 minutes and kick in after 45 minutes. To me this is awesome and cost effective. The chiller I'm using is only 1/2 hp. Only disadvantage of this chiller is it must be kept outside (it's weatherproof like air-con compressors) coz it has condesation water when it runs.

The smaller version called the Fish cooler is exactly the same as Artica. Price wise everyone already knows the diff. Not too sure of the cooling capability but I think it should be quite awesome too. This can definitely be kept indoors.

In my opinion, BUY IT!!!!

• SRC Member

Excellent. Thks. keeping options open for chiller upgrading :D

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

Aquatronica controller

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

Hi folks,

I got this Korean brand chiller last month DBE-200, 1/4 hp for my 4ft planted tank. Before getting this chiller, i was thinking of getting Arctica but what hold me back is the price until i got to know Daeil.

I when to the extend of calling my Korean contact to call Daeil Korea to find out who is the local distributor and they point to Arctica distributor here. i guess they don't want to rock Arctica's market here. Korea is sell at S$800+ for this model.

I am quite happy with the performance so far as the noise level is min. just looking forward to my PUB bill for this month and see how much elec. it consumes.

BTW, their website is all in Korean.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers! :)