Sand Sifters

vagabond

vagabond...

I think the star fishes at ###### are sand shifters....if I remember correctly. you may want to try getting one or two from there.

Err...

Sorry I am new to the code name, and preety interested in sand sifting stars

Is ###### somewhere in the L*vend*r area?

Sorry to hijack a bit :paiseh:

Err...

Sorry I am new to the code name, and preety interested in sand sifting stars

Is ###### somewhere in the L*vend*r area?

Sorry to hijack a bit :paiseh:

yes. Par@d$# R@@f is in lavender area.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
vagabond...

I think the star fishes at ###### are sand shifters....if I remember correctly. you may want to try getting one or two from there.

But everytime I drop by ###### is as if the shop has been raid leh.. close to no stock one. Btw, is it Brittle Starfish you are mentioning?

• SRC Member
try this guy...

super hard worker... :P

The last time I went hunting for it, cannot find or very small leh... Which LFS is selling it at this moment?

As for black cuke, yes provided I have a way to stick to the sandbed, then I will get.

Guys, thanks for the help.

The last time I went hunting for it, cannot find or very small leh... Which LFS is selling it at this moment?

As for black cuke, yes provided I have a way to stick to the sandbed, then I will get.

Guys, thanks for the help.

just a word of caution,this guy tend to jump out of tanks..tried 2 n both commited suicide :cry2:

• SRC Member

I think you guys got the wrong idea about sand shifting.

There is only 1 reason why sand shifting is good and thats to stir the surface of the sandbed to prevent collection of nutrients and waste causing diatom buildup.

Adding gobies and blennys are not really a good idea.

What do you think the gobies are doing when they are ###### up the sand and then expelling it out? They are feeding. On what? On the good critters which help to break down the waste and nutrients in the sand. Gobies do not eat the waste or nutrients in the sand. As a result, you will be harming your DSB more than helping it.

These gobies eat all the time and require lots of sand critters to eat all the time. In only less than a week, your DSB will be cleaned of all life except brittle stars and fire worms.

Some really good sand shifters are black sea cuke, nassirious snails, cerith snails, brittle stars (small ones), certain species of hermits (small ones) and worms.