Ban!!!

Bluebeard

• SRC Member

been going to fish farm and shops lately, notice that their stock is extremely low these days. it's not just the coral, even the live rocks, shrimps and maybe the fishes, they are not coming much these days!

is it true that there's been stricter rules or even ban???

AVA has tighten the control of importing of hard coral, LR included. Some suppliers has gotten in trouble.

LR is going to be hard to find for the next few months cos of that

There should be no impact on soft corals and fishes importation.

Maybe the suppliers are waiting for thing to cool down abit before bring in more life stock.

Time to switch to a softie tank <_<

• SRC Member

so far so good leh

liverocks still cost $4.50/kg at hong leong

btw marine and discus in farmart is digging liverocks from st john island and got caught, confiscated and fined. Their shipment of clams were confiscated too

heard that indonesia is stepping up on securities on shipment thus hard corals and liverocks may be hard to "sneak out"

• SRC Member

BarraCuda™

{liverocks still cost $4.50/kg at hong leong} are you sure?? when you last visited them, I when down on 16/10 eveing then dun have much y live rock around! according to them, they are selling at $6/kg lar.

• SRC Member

BarraCuda™

I had pick up abt 20 kg of live rock from marine and discus in farmart on 15/10 which is at $5/kg that is last few I got it.... they told me the price is going up to $10++ due to no live rock coming soon....

• SRC Member

huh?? how come japan rocks are cheaper than those from indonesia??? ;)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

:o

Well, if they want to enforce the ban, it should be at the point of unloading.

These guys are selling what they missed.

If everything is banned, a lot of people's ricebowls will be broken.

:angry:

Perhaps when one day when everyone in the hobby becomes more conscientious and buys only hardy species and knows how to keep them well, perhaps specific banning will be made and bans on certain livestock can be lifted.

Actually, I have no idea why liverock needs to be banned?

80% or more of the world is water, how much liverock can we take????

I'll be willing to dump 1 ton of rocks into the water to replace a small amount of liverock taken... over time, those 1 ton will become 'live' too!

• SRC Member
:o

Well, if they want to enforce the ban, it should be at the point of unloading.

These guys are selling what they missed.

If everything is banned, a lot of people's ricebowls will be broken.

:angry:

Perhaps when one day when everyone in the hobby becomes more conscientious and buys only hardy species and knows how to keep them well, perhaps specific banning will be made and bans on certain livestock can be lifted.

Actually, I have no idea why liverock needs to be banned?

80% or more of the world is water, how much liverock can we take????

I'll be willing to dump 1 ton of rocks into the water to replace a small amount of liverock taken... over time, those 1 ton will become 'live' too!

Aha! That's the problem. Before the ton of rocks you dump have enough time to grow nicely into really good LR all the collectors would have gotten them already so long as they see some algae or coralline or whatever! :ph34r: