Making of Beckett skimmer

chipson1

• SRC Member

Very well done! THis is "one" of the best DIY Skimmer done in Singapore. More DIYs my friend!

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

• SRC Member

Hi Deepblue,

This is my first acrylic DIY, so no experience on this material, PVC easier to handle, so choosen convenient way. ;);)

Next time I will use full acrylic. Thanks for your advise. :peace::peace:

Cheers :whistle:whistle

Chipson1

• SRC Member
Very nice.... good DIY attempt. ;)

Simple yet functional!

But I guess you left out some features to reduce cost... although it will pay itself off in future for easier maintenance though.... less frustrations!

Tip: You could also consider adding more supports for the down pipes in case of sudden tugs causing stress in certain joints.

AT

Thanks AT,

You have set very high standard and expectation, thanks for your forum that I can learn a lot from it and hopefully return a bit of my knowledge to the fellow reefers.

I did not secure the down pipe permanently bcos I was not sure what hieght is the best for the injector, once its confirmed, I will glue the down piep and secure it firmly, thanks for the kind advise.

Cheers! :whistle:whistle

Chipson1

• SRC Member
Very well done! THis is "one" of the best DIY Skimmer done in Singapore. More DIYs my friend!

Hi Ian,

I am flattered the compliment from the pro, thanks very much for your encouragement. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will try to DIY more to share with the local reefers.

Cheers!

:whistle:whistle

Chipson1

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Depends on what type of joints, I use difference type of connector for difference joint.

The Pict you shown is good for joint that do not need frequent dismantling, you can use teffon tap or rubber seals to prevent leakage when using the male and female connector.

I would reccomand to use union if the joints require frequent dismantling.

Chipson1

• SRC Member

I will be DIYing inter-changeable Beckett skimmer with Mazzei 684 injector which I brought back fr the State in May. Will post some picts for sharing!

Cheers! :whistle:whistle

Chipson1

• SRC Member

In fact they are both as good, but it seems the recent trend in Singapore is moe for beckett. I think in the long run, Mazzei will save quite a fair bit on the electric bill.

Chipson1

• SRC Member
In fact they are both as good, but it seems the recent trend in Singapore is moe for beckett. I think in the long run, Mazzei will save quite a fair bit on the electric bill.

Chipson1

Agreed, that why i made this for my friend. And i'm going to make one for myself soon....Hope to see your new skimmer... :lol:

Cheers Daniel

Bro typrobin, were you serious when you say i'm SELFISH in the other thread. Don't understand why you said that.. <_<

• SRC Member

Agreed, that why i made this for my friend. And i'm going to make one for myself soon....Hope to see your new skimmer... :lol:

Cheers Daniel

Bro typrobin, were you serious when you say i'm SELFISH in the other thread. Don't understand why you said that.. <_<

THC: selfish because u never show the pic of it when it is running mah....just joking lah, no hard feelings k?? no offenses meant....just a joke.... :bow: