Where to buy marine fishes

Yo!

Ya can try chking out the comprehensive compilation of LFS in .SG (assuming you're in SG?) -- kudos to everyone who'd contributed -- very very HELPFUL indeed! :bow::thanks:

It's located here

Maybe you can state what species of fish you want

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Hi there,

I would like to buy most marine fishes in my 4ft tank. However, there is limited stock in the market. Would someone advise where to buy?

Thks much.

Rgds,

TS

Bro, u gonna add all the fishes at the same time?????

Detrimental... IMHO....

Vincent Ho <_<

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi there,

Thks all of your replied. I'm fresh. I just set up my tank two weeks ago. Would like to buy any of the corals and marine fishes. I stay in Woodlands, I can go anywhere if you are able to advise or locate where to buy.

BTW, what is LFS in .SG ?

Thks much.

Rgds,

TS

Hi there,

Thks all of your replied. I'm fresh. I just set up my tank two weeks ago. Would like to buy any of the corals and marine fishes. I stay in Woodlands, I can go anywhere if you are able to advise or locate where to buy.

BTW, what is LFS in .SG ?

Thks much.

Rgds,

TS

IMO, better don stock up so soon, only two weeks :ph34r:

atleast let ur tank cycle for 1 month to be safer.

have u check ur water parameter? :blink:

Don't rush out and stock your tank so quickly. Dun make the mistakes many of us have made before. You will save loads of money and heartache this way.

There are a few shops in the north area.... the major ones you can check out is Bio-Ocean (quite near Yio Chu Kang MRT, take bus 86 I think), Supreme Aquarium, Hawaii (near Chong Pang, Yishun)... anymore i left out, guys?

• SRC Member

Hi thks all your reply.

I have tested Nitrite, Ammonia, PH, all shows ok. Anything which I was missing?

I have buy about 10 fishes and some corals in my tank, however, most of the fishes died after few days later, some was fighting and killed itself (like maroom clown), some with ICH (die the next day), some fishes died and hided in the bottom of live rock which I was unable to remove. I don't know how to proceed.........Anyone could provide some advises to me?

I'm now left with one Black-tailed Humbug, two Yellow-tailed Damsalfish, one Black Neon Damselfish, one Blue Ring Angelfish, One Coral Beauty, one Yellow Sailfin Tang.

Fishes died in my tank as follow:

1. Two Maroon Clownfish;

2. Two Blue Devil;

3. One Yellow-tailed Damsalfish;

4. One Flame Angelfish;

5. One Powder Blue Surgeon;

6. One Yellow Sailfin Tang;

7. One Purple Sailfin Tang;

8. One Blue Surgeonfish;

9. Three Doctor fish;

10. Two Clown Wrasse;

11. One Mandarinfish.

Pls advise.

Thks.

Rgds,

TS

• SRC Member

Stop buying fish for the monent and test your parameters again!

Only 2 weeks and you added in so many fishes like 4 tangs? :shock:

At such a short time, I think you added too many fishes. Your bioload is too much for your tank to cope the thus resulting in massive death.

Rule of the thumb: Add 1 fish or 1 coral 1 per week.

• SRC Member
Hi,

OK. Understood. I'm too hurry......

What about the dead residue in tank which are unable to remove from tank, any advise on this?

Thks. :thanks:

Rgds,

TS

If really cannot remove, try to topang your survivors in someone's tank 1st. Cos there will be a massive NH4 and NO2 spike. Anyway, try to remove as many as you can.

allamack...my tank is running for around 8ths months yet only tried 1 yellow tang. u 2 weeks, got 4 tangs, PLs do read up more..If not you will end up killing more LS then keeping them.. Pld do ask for advise and we will try to help u if u are in doubts.. :peace:

• SRC Member

Hi,

I have brought 3 shrimps in tank, but they just stayed at the front of corals, don't even have the interest enter to the liverocks.

I have tested my tank, the parameter are as follow:

Ammonia is 0 mg/l

Nitrite is 0 mg/l

pH is 8.0

I have yet to test the Nitrate. I have been told by the owner in the shop, if both Ammonia & Nitrite is 0, I don't have to test for Nitrate, is that true?

:thanks:

Waremest regards,

TS

• SRC Member
Hi,

I have brought 3 shrimps in tank, but they just stayed at the front of corals, don't even have the interest enter to the liverocks.

Ammonia is 0 mg/l

Nitrite is 0 mg/l

pH is 8.0

I have yet to test the Nitrate. I have been told by the owner in the shop, if both Ammonia & Nitrite is 0, I don't have to test for Nitrate, is that true?

Waremest regards,

TS

u shld regularly test nitrate bro.......doesnt mean ur amm n nitrite is zero, ur nitrate is zero too ;););)

Hi,

Ammonia is 0 mg/l

Nitrite is 0 mg/l

pH is 8.0

Waremest regards,

TS

for newly cycled tanks, ammonia and nitrite zero normally corresponds with abnormally high NO3. I was taught by a reefer in here to change at least 50% of the water once cycling is done so that one can combat the high NO3 reading given of.

thank goodness I did that because its been a good six months and my NO3 is now at 5ppm instead of 50. (=