anyone using MA#ONLINE 1500

hammy

hihi,

anyone using ma#online 1500 here ??

i understand i need a ready cable point to subscribe to maxonline 1500 right ??

i have a cablepoint in my living rm and on the point it has a sticker and it says 'cable ready ', so i suppose i can use that right ??

then i realise i have one cable pt in my room too , but without the sticker , can i use tt cable pt instead ??

anyone pls advice ?? and the connection for ma#online gd ?? care to share .. using stupid dial up , slow like snail when viewing member's tank because of the picture uploaded...

thanks

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

get the SCV guys to come in and do the installation for you. its rather cheap nowadays. why don't you bite the bullet and use Maxonline 3000 instead? I'm using that now but its @#%@#^ to configure...as apparent during the break down the first time I used it. (=

• SRC Member

i suppose u stay in a new block... cable ready blocks usually have 1 point in the living room and another in a bedroom usually the master bedroom but it can differ.. u'll have to turn on the signal if u haven't done so yet that is then only will your cable point be ready for use.

max-online is good... damn fast downloading.. but uploading a little slow... but errm 1500 is still more worth it then 3000 because websites have 'caps' on them that only allows u to surf at a maximum speed.. 1500 is way above the max speed so getting 3000 would not make a difference in surfing... the only diff u can see is when u DL stuff and when u play online games. but 3000 is still in it's youth.. hehe would be better if u wait awhile...

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

yup stay in a relatively new block in sengkang ... that's why dun noe whether the thing activated ...t hanks guys !!!!!!!

128kps??

isnt singt#l better then ??

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
yup stay in a relatively new block in sengkang ... that's why dun noe whether the thing activated ...t hanks guys !!!!!!!

128kps??

isnt singt#l better then ??

I thk by default only the living room point will be activated. . You can request them to activate all the cable points in the house. This is what i have done when i took the cable TV service. Activated all the three points in my prev rented house(sengkang).

Yup the upload speed is capped at 128 kilo bits per second. But in my opinion no one can match maxonline download speed. I have used signet and starhub ADSL but they are no where near maxonline.

If uploading or for playing online games, i thk signet will be better. The debate between ADSL and Cable goes on. Its up to us to decide which one will suit us. Each has there own pros and cons.

Before signing just visit both shops(starhub & signet) and try the demo system and then decide which one suit you.

anyway to find out whether it is cable ready ??

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member

iF it is a HDB flat, it is cable ready for sure. Just call the helpline and they shld be able to double confirm if u need.

If u are staying at brand new block, the likely u will get far better speeds for now, as less people are on the system.

• SRC Member

I thk by default only the living room point will be activated. . You can request them to activate all the cable points in the house. This is what i have done when i took the cable TV service. Activated all the three points in my prev rented house(sengkang).

Yup the upload speed is capped at 128 kilo bits per second. But in my opinion no one can match maxonline download speed. I have used signet and starhub ADSL but they are no where near maxonline.

If uploading or for playing online games, i thk signet will be better. The debate between ADSL and Cable goes on. Its up to us to decide which one will suit us. Each has there own pros and cons.

Before signing just visit both shops(starhub & signet) and try the demo system and then decide which one suit you.

Since when did Starhub has ADSL? heheheheh...

hammy,

Depends on your needs lah..like what Vinoth has mentioned, if u r gonna used it for online gaming..suggest u go for ADSL else if only for downloading, Cable will be a better option.

Do some readups, some using Cable has complained thier speed to be laggy n slow even when comes to surfing while some claimed that they dun faced such problems..