marine fish pond??

mUAr_cHEe

keep:live red grouper,live red snipper,rabbit (new year) fish(white stomach),sea turtle,yellow tail. baby shark.Live big prawn.

All this fish are easy to keep,also can eat lah.

**BTW.I had some of that in my 5ft fibre glass tank with some of my tangs.and many LR.

:lol::P

sometime CF got sell

• SRC Member

Question. How many hours of direct sunlight will that spot get per day? This will help determine the size of the chiller you need. Try to measure the temperature of the water now on an hours interval and you will now the variation.

Currently I have a 4ft x 2ft x 15 inch tub outside my house as a sump and i have only 2 hours of direct sunlight into the sump. It is working fine for me know and for chiller, i have a diy aircon unit and using Alvy's titanium coil. have no problem maintaning temperature at 26c with compressor turning on maybe 20 mins every 1.5 hours during the day and about 10 mins for every 1 hour at night.

It may be a good idea to convert that pond into a sump/refugium/algae scrubber.

Cheers

• SRC Supporter

actually i have a rather big pond outside too..

mum actually suggest to convert it to marine pond..

its like a quater of a circle..

more about 2meter in radius..and its not the dig into the ground type..its actually build upwards..height about 3ft tall..

with 3 compartment flowing down like river to allow smaller fishes to be on top..

but after considering the skimmer,amt of liverock..sand... and even wavemakers..

i got no choice but to chose not to think of it further..

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

As the pond is in the open and marine life is sensitive, the size of the pond vs the ocean, what happens if it rains, PH, Alkalinity etc. will be affected. If the pond is indoor, maybe it is OK. Probably costly to maintain.

• SRC Member

stash.... found the pic yet???

okay... to dig up the thread again..... say if i can a huge kick ###### chiller to chill the whole 2378 litres of water.... a huge kick ###### skimmer.... proberly i can a huge kick ###### plastic cover to prevent bird droppings and dropping children...

will this so called "converted pond" still be a huge kick ###### refugium who will solve me nutrient export problems???

or will it be a bigger headache when i have to change wateR???

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.