My EV-180 not skimming after 5 days

hamannbmw

i had set up my 4 footer 5 days ago, was trying out the EV-180 but it doesnt seem to skim at all, yesterday i had add all cured LR's into my tank, this morning hope to see some kopi O, but <_< the collection cup is empty :huh:

Is it normal :huh: could it be the skimmer had not break in :huh: , any bros using the Ev series can share yr experience :(

i had set up my 4 footer 5 days ago, was trying out the EV-180 but it doesnt seem to skim at all, yesterday i had add all cured LR's into my tank, this morning hope to see some kopi O, but <_< the collection cup is empty :huh:

Is it normal :huh: could it be the skimmer had not break in :huh: , any bros using the Ev series can share yr experience :(

LOL.......need to borrow my weipro? Hehe.......maybe still breaking in lah.......

some skimmer takes longer to break in..

also depends on your bio load currently.

feed more.. then your skimmer will skim faster.. hehe..

Bro, new tank lar.... jus set up my 4ft... :lol: , even all the LR's are cure , cos some from my existing tank, the others from fellow reefers.... but dunno why not skimming... very TL n worried <_< , today i reach home, seems that the foam in the chamber is higher :lol: , let see wat happen tomolo.......... :thanks:

maybe there's nothing in yr tank to skim or breakdown of nutrients not occured.

do update.. ;)

my AquaC took four to five days to work.

you may want to check your SG levels. and not skimming may not necessarily mean its a bad sign. just means that there is no DOC to skim, or too low a salinity level. or something else which I don't know.

And it could also means ur skimmer not tune in properly...........any foam observed?

A good skimmer* will pull out gunk from newly prepared saltwater from synthetic salt; so technically, some assumptions made are not exactly true.

(*Beckett or DELTEC fanatics are NOT welcome to comment on if their skimmers can do just that ;) )

hamannbmw, I would not be too concerned with the skimmer since your setup is relatively new. Assuming your settings are correct, leave it to run a while and avoid re-adjusting the settings. Report back in a couple of days.

If it still doesn't work, then reset your settings and start over.

A good skimmer* will pull out gunk from newly prepared saltwater from synthetic salt; so technically, some assumptions made are not exactly true.

(*Beckett or DELTEC fanatics are NOT welcome to comment on if their skimmers can do just that ;) )

hamannbmw, I would not be too concerned with the skimmer since your setup is relatively new. Assuming your settings are correct, leave it to run a while and avoid re-adjusting the settings. Report back in a couple of days.

If it still doesn't work, then reset your settings and start over.

:lol: it start to skim kopi O liao........... :eyebrow: