Lord of the Dark Tower of Doom!

Achilles Tang

• SRC Member
Such sizing skimmers would require the companionship of really huge sumps/reservoirs.... or you gonna have a dry sump or wet floor... :rolleyes:

haha...else water in the skimmer is much more than water in the sump/tank!

:rolleyes:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually is it possible to keep most of the water in the skimmer by raising the outlet after the spears gate valve before discharging done again? Just like the outlet piping for H&S or deltecs? i realise that even when i off the pump..the water level only drops to a small level...ie...less flooding of the sump :)

• SRC Member

Alfa,

This unit's way much bigger and taller...... it runs on a 10 inch reaction chamber compared to 7 inches.....

Anyway, its supposed to be bigger than this.... but we somehow backed out ( more like freaked out ) after realising the kind of pump required to fit such a monster... not forgeting the volume of water needed to fill up that space....

Such sizing skimmers would require the companionship of really huge sumps/reservoirs.... or you gonna have a dry sump or wet floor... :rolleyes:

Installing a port for ozone would not be a issue.... but I would need to check on whether the materials are ozone proof....

Joe, Thanks! still cant believe the size of the monster. now AT can throw in fishes till its packed like a can of sardines... hehee

Wow, that thing is a monster. Same size as the Iwarna skimmer? AT/Joe, does this thing has an input port for ozone?

Ozone can be injected into the air intakes. Just need to change some of the fittings and the airline tubing to be of a different grade to prevent the plastic from melting!! :D

• SRC Member

Ozone can be injected into the air intakes. Just need to change some of the fittings and the airline tubing to be of a different grade to prevent the plastic from melting!! :D

Interesting, Joe as spoken. Looking forward to your earliest reply :)

BTW, Conrad, nice meeting you.... ;)

• SRC Supporter

Joe, Thanks! still cant believe the size of the monster. now AT can throw in fishes till its packed like a can of sardines... hehee

That 10 inch was small compared to the original plans...

You should have seen the reaction when a 1:1 2D scale drawin of the former unit was presented to a few reefers. :lol:

hmmmm... regret doing that now..... or else we would right now have great fun if the original plans would have proceeded... :evil:

how about a RK-3 :lol: :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• 3 weeks later...