Bwilly's 4x2x2 tank WIP

bwilly

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe..boss i also blur...

out of nowhere my thread happenings genna mentioned in here, and worst of all, totally not correct :lol: so bo bian have to correct AP :lol:

but it seems that AP just notice and remember the bad parts of my thread and stay oblivious to the good corrected parts of my thread? :blink:

hehe :rolleyes:

anyway, bro bwilly will be able to ID hair algae easily from the link to the algae pics and prevent misID in his tank development also....still useful in his thread ;)

I know of the sunlight effect on algae growth..

even my mum goldfish tank kenna.. not to mention

my 2ft tank which kenna quite bad.. haha..!

like I mentioned, its a bo bian arrange cause of my TV..

hehe.. I want to get solid DTS sound from my speakers..

so I place my sofa in certain way, only got place to play

ard is near the balcony.. its a thing I got to live with..

can't have both ways..

unless I have a tank in between my 3 n 2 sofa seats..

it will looks kind of funni.. anti-social when relatives/frens comes along..

tks guys for all the suggestion.. !! n relax, lim kopi.. I making cake now..

at least u noticed even without MH, your goldfish tanks and 2ft tanks genna abit of sunlight also get algae liao..hehe..this is due to the high nutrient levels in the water and being near the windows give them just that enough light to sprout algae in the systems

actually come to think of it, direct sunlight or indirect sunlight, the MHs above the tank already much stronger than the lights coming in from the windows...hehe

but when u want to cut down on lighting when u happen to genna algae in main tank, you can control the MH timing in order to deprive the algae light, but by then you cannot control the ambient sunlight from the windows unless use the opaque curtains....

never mind, i will not let your main tank genna nuisance algae if i can help....will talk to you in greater detail the next time we meet....

and please dun suan me of my car alarm the next time you see me :lol:

• SRC Member
hehe..boss i also blur...

out of nowhere my thread happenings genna mentioned in here, and worst of all, totally not correct :lol: so bo bian have to correct AP :lol:

but it seems that AP just notice and remember the bad parts of my thread and stay oblivious to the good corrected parts of my thread? :blink:

hehe :rolleyes:

anyway, bro bwilly will be able to ID hair algae easily from the link to the algae pics and prevent misID in his tank development also....still useful in his thread ;)

wha....bro Roidan so defensive leh...... :lol: relax lah brother....by the way placing by the window doesn't really prove to your theory of having any nuisance hair algae otherwise mine would be covered by now like a jungle..... :lol: Even if you indentified your algae to be of a beneficial one , it's still unsightly in your refigium which it was not suppose to happen..... :lol: (kept away from sunlight) <_<

it is that you always mention about keeping a tank away from a window and I believe many newbies or reefers alike are afraid of but it all depends your husbandry skills for that matter.... <_< Since you have super skimmers then you shouldn't worry right....... :lol: kenna hair algae also can cure....leh.....choi...choi..... :lol:

i said before, i just find wrongly put statements an eyesore, more so when the facts are out just couple of days later in my thread :lol: but dunno why you did not notice the correct, good infomation ;):unsure:

sorry...my refugium is lit by 150W MH, another thing that you are not updated :lol:

hmm..maybe that's why no such problems of refugium failure yet, coz i never used the highly hyped dymax T5s :P ooops..hehe

yeah...quite messy lah...but it's a totally different world up there in the main system isn't it? ;)

aiyo...choi choi choi...better dun get hair algae...hehe

anyway, it's better you post in my thread if next time u wanna mention something about my thread out of the blue lah...haha..so that i can update you with correct information there if you so happen to remember the wrong info again :)

let's not scare bro bwilly with algae and weeds when now he is envisioning a beautiful reef paradise :lol:

sorry bro bwilly for me pointing out the windows proximity thing...sorry sorry :)

• SRC Member
as i said before, i just find wrongly put statements an eyesore, more so when the facts are out just couple of days later in my thread  :lol: but dunno why you did not notice the correct, good infomation  ;)  :unsure:

sorry...my refugium is lit by 150W MH, another thing that you are not updated  :lol:

hmm..maybe that's why no such problems of refugium failure yet, coz i never used dymax T5s  :P  ooops..hehe

yeah...quite messy lah...but it's a totally different world up there in the main system isn't it?  ;)

aiyo...choi choi choi...better dun get hair algae...hehe

never believed in using a refigium until I listened to the people here which made my tank almost crash...... :lol: well I am not that rich as some people that could afford an MH in their refigium but I'm also not one crazy enough to utilize such a concept for just a refigium alone wether it's for export of NO3 or not.... :lol: with good husbandry skills who needs a refigium? Of course I knew your refigium was lit by an MH (one of the stylo refigium) but hardly ever focused upon.

don't be so defensive lah bro...you also say not nice things in my thread with hints also what...... ;):peace:

at least u noticed even without MH, your goldfish tanks and 2ft tanks genna abit of sunlight also get algae liao..hehe..this is due to the high nutrient levels in the water and being near the windows give them just that enough light to sprout algae in the systems

actually come to think of it, direct sunlight or indirect sunlight, the MHs above the tank already much stronger than the lights coming in from the windows...hehe

but when u want to cut down on lighting when u happen to genna algae in main tank, you can control the MH timing in order to deprive the algae light, but by then you cannot control the ambient sunlight from the windows unless use the opaque curtains....

never mind, i will not let your main tank genna nuisance algae if i can help....will talk to you in greater detail the next time we meet....

and please dun suan me of my car alarm the next time you see me :lol:

your car alarm I can ask my mech to disable for u the ###### horn..

hehe..

I got my fair share of algae.. n see quite a few reefers battling it.

part n parcel of reef keeping lah.. I also not starting out of nowhere..

just upgrading..

but its good to share info. around.. never ending learning process.

my tank coming on Sunday. Sat abit tight, I also dun want to rush him..

later come out 3.5ft tank, then seow liao..haha..

er AP....

i think i have always tried to be objective in any threads in the forum with regards to what i post. i do not just shoot off without trying to find out correct info first. Of coz i may have wrong info sometimes, but not when the correct info is just a few pages behind ;)

er..i got say things in your thread that doesn't appeal to your liking ah...sorry sorry :bow: .....it's just out of concern that some reefers like me wish to bring some issues to your attention like the loading of your balcony...

but you must know it's out of concern we are pointing out the issues, and it's not as though we are mentioning about your tank on the balcony only to realise that its actually in the main hall a few pages later in your thread ;)

hehe... :peace:

your car alarm I can ask my mech to disable for u the ###### horn..

hehe..

..haha..

hahah...

but i kinda grow fond of it leh... :P hehe...

yeah...send my regards to him when he delivers your tank, i very long time never see or call him chit chat liao...haha...his business too good i think :)

remember to take more pics when the tank comes.... :D

• SRC Member
er AP....

i think i have always tried to be objective in any threads in the forum with regards to what i post. i do not just shoot off without trying to find out correct info first. Of coz i may have wrong info sometimes, but not when the correct info is just a few pages behind  ;)

er..i got say things in your thread that doesn't appeal to your liking ah...sorry sorry.....it's just out of concern that some reefers like me wish to bring some issues to your attention like the loading of your balcony...

but you must know it's out of concern we are pointing out the issues, it's not as though we are concerned about your tank on the balcony only to realise that its actually in the main hall a few pages later in your thread  ;)

hehe... :peace:

of course I understand that we're here to share and although we belive in different strategies in how we keep our tanks this certian hobby of ours has always something to learn and we go through all the trials and errors.....like my refigium which almost made my tank crash regardless wether I was using MH or T5's for that matter..... :lol: And hair algae is the worst nightmare a reefer could experienced.... :lol:

honestly you have a great tank Bro Roidan and I appreciate your concern and other reefers concern about the balcony thing..... :lol: because it's not resting in the centre of the balcony for that matter and against the wall for the record..... ;)

honestly speaking I think I am always singled out for not doing things right and being given a hardtime constantly even though with much experience in this field... :peace:

By the way....bro Bwilly...sorry for hijacking your thread..... :bow::bow: ....... :lol:

yeah...peace :lol:

but dun bring wrong info out of my thread and post in another bro's thread...

but you are most welcome to discuss in my thread again if those are hair algae or not and whether i got the crabs for the hair algae or not :)

i mentioned in your thread that we have to respect your decades of reefing also mah....i am sure that statement goes down very well with you right? ;)

so i dunno why my so-called algae problem was mentioned here out of the blue when it turned out not to be an algae problem clarified just a few days later in the same thread...hehe *bewildered* :unsure:

but anyway, glad that you have correct info now...if anytime i have hair algae problems, you will be the first i update :lol:

• SRC Member
yeah...peace  :lol:

but dun bring wrong info out of my thread and post in another bro's thread...

but you are most welcome to discuss in my thread again if those are hair algae or not and whether i got the crabs for the hair algae or not  :)

i mentioned in your thread that we have to respect your decades of reefing also mah....i am sure that statement goes down very well with you right?  ;)

so i dunno why my so-called algae problem was mentioned here out of the blue when it turned out not to be an algae problem clarified just a few days later in the same thread...hehe *bewildered*  :unsure:

but anyway, glad that you have correct info now...if anytime i have hair algae problems, you will be the first i update  :lol:

astrology = pisces......another topic I am good at...... :off: ...... :lol: read your thread over and over again on the algae problem and I wasn't bringing wrong info to another bro's thread as I am sorry to say I found no concluding evidence on what you discovered....... :lol:

Based on your internet findings and another fellow reefers comments there were alot of "if's" , "I think so" , "maybe" "could be" "looks like" doesn't sound too convincing.....he...he

I plan to stack my tonga covering my Maxijet with lockline to clear the deadspot on my right IOS..

maybe add a tunze (out in the open) on the left provide other flow.. + the return flow on the left tank. I won't b using any egg crates (or light diffusor), reckon I got too many LRs.

Did u guys at the center of the DB added a layer of 4ft length egg crates n wire mesh on top of it to prevent burrowing of certain LS. (n collapse of LRs due to weaken foundation)

* sorry weileong, tank not here, use your copyright pic.. hehe.

post-34-1084193859.jpg

although it's nice to have the right tunze hidden amongst the rocks and get rid of dead spots, somehow it impedes the broad cone flow output of the tunze...tried before in my 4ft trying to hide the tunze behind the rocks or amongst the rocks but realise i am not using it to full potential of the broad flow cone...

but like i said, definitely neater to hide it amongst the rocks :)

i think some bros do put the mesh somewhere in the DSB to prevent sandsifting LS from burrowing too deep.. :)

although it's nice to have the right tunze hidden amongst the rocks and get rid of dead spots, somehow it impedes the broad cone flow output of the tunze...tried before in my 4ft trying to hide the tunze behind the rocks or amongst the rocks but realise i am not using it to full potential of the broad flow cone...

but like i said, definitely neater to hide it amongst the rocks :)

i think some bros do put the mesh somewhere in the DSB to prevent sandsifting LS from burrowing too deep.. :)

I was pondering so too.. so I (refer above) decide to use my maxijet to do that.

tunze will be out in open.

cause I won't be using any egg crates. any shifting may have drastic effects on my tank occupants.

• SRC Member

Are you going to add the treasure chest into the new tank? :lol:

Jokes aside, waiting to see you new setup too.. something to look forward to.. should be fantastic :)

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

Are you going to add the treasure chest into the new tank?  :lol:

Jokes aside, waiting to see you new setup too.. something to look forward to.. should be fantastic :)

maybe.. but dunno got money left to buy anything.

haha..!

alan..who's that gal in the avatar..veri chio.. :evil:

just got bags of sands from Petmart..

nice auntie n also the uncle who trolley sands to my car.. :D

tks to my good old neighbour accompany me.

(while I chat the auntie up :evil: , he direct uncle to my car.. :P )

bioballs get two bags only.. going for "modern" semi-berlin system.. hence.

post-34-1084547343.jpg